Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmsl64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 01:18 PM
    About Jesus Christ
    In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 27, 2007, 01:29 PM
    A world religion class I am guessing?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Check out

Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2007, 03:45 PM
    His death had some impact on his religion in my opinion. So him rising to life had a huge impact on religion.

Him rising from his death and showing that he was raised to life and that we have the same promise has a huge impact on the belief.

Suffering and dying for our sins. When he was raised to life. All followers, have the promise of forgiveness, have the promise to have a place in heaven with Jesus.

Just my personal thoughts and opinions on the impact of Jesus.

Joe
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jan 30, 2007, 01:33 PM
    He never told anyone to worship him. He told people to worship God.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Jan 30, 2007, 03:29 PM
    The only religion in which Jesus is 'important' is Christianity. Although there is some high Christological language in the NT, Jesus was not worshipped as God until the second or third centuries, and the controversy over his place was not settled until the fourth century. In various corners of Christianity the discussion about his place in the Godhead continues in modern time, although osually in a lower key than in those early years.

NT Christians honored Jesus by renaming the first day of the week (on which he was resurrected) as the Lord's day (Kiriagi), but he was not worshipped. Worship belonged to God alone, as Jesus himself indicated. John records some of these instances:

I fell at his feet to worship him. And he [the risen Christ] said unto me [John], See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: Revelation 19.10

The teaching of Jesus marked the transition between the old covenant with Israel, and the new covenant of the gospel of Christ. Therefore, no Jesus, no Christianity.

M:)RGANITE
    hadi88 Posts: 59, Reputation: 5

Feb 1, 2007, 09:21 AM
    With the respect of all.

NT Christians honored Jesus by renaming the first day of the week (on which he was resurrected) as the Lord's day (Kiriagi), but he was not worshipped. Worship belonged to God alone, as Jesus himself indicated. John records some of these instances:

I fell at his feet to worship him. And he [the risen Christ] said unto me [John], See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: Revelation 19.10
    I am confused here, if Jesus never told anyone to worship him, then why there is a concept of Trinity, mean,The God father, God (son) and holy spirit and how, when and why peole started to worship him.

Could someone please explaing me this a little.

Thanks in advance.

Hadi88

Feb 2, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi88
    with the respect of all.

I am confused here, if Jesus never told anyone to worship him, then why there is a concept of Trinity, mean,The God father, God (son) and holy spirit and how, when and why peole started to worship him.

Could someone please explaing me this a little.

Thanks in advance.

Hadi88
    This is not possible to explain in a short answer - to which we are limited here - but you can make a study of it. I suggest that you read such as, Jaroslav Pelikan on the Development of Christian Doctrine, Elaine Pagels on the documents in "The Road From Nicea to Chalcedon", and Barnabas Lindars 'History of Christian Thought.'

What I will say is that towards the end of the first century there were many voices within Christianity that could not agree as to exactly who Jesus was, and stirrings of this are evident in many of the NT monographs.

As Jesus is central to Christianity - No Jesus : No Christianity - his person, provenance, and mission, are of vital importance to Christians. Unravelling all of these has led to many possible answers, not all of which are without major contradictions. Establishing a doctrine that 'explains' Jesus has been, and continues to be a long process. Although there are some who believe that these questions were settled once and for all many centuries ago, reading Christian thinkers, theologians, and clerics in the intervening cventuries does not lead us to that conclusion.

Jesus said he was the Son of God (that makes him greater than a prophet), and that he shared God's glory before he was born into the world through the blessed Incarnation, and that he, himself, had power over life and death. It is evident from the gospels, with which I assume you are familiar, as most Muslim critics are, that Jesus exercised a godlike power over elements, sickness, and even death itself. While it is true that OT prophets have also shown some of these characteristics, none of them claimed to be the Son of God in the Messianic sense, and none of them were resurrected three days after they had been crucified.

Christianity deals with three historic events. The Incarnation, the Crucifixion, and the Resurrection of Jesus. All else is commentary.

M:)RGANITE

Feb 2, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    However, in spite of that he is widely worshipped as God in the Christian community.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth of Jesus Christ [ 11 Answers ]

When was Jesus Christ born ?

Jesus is a way ? [ 54 Answers ]

If jesus christ is the only way as the bible says. What is the fate of millions of people born into other religions as it seems thatmost peoples beliefs are as a result of the fact that they were born into a particular faith and their parents thought them to follow that faith?

Jesus and God [ 12 Answers ]

1 John 2:1 MY little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: An advocate is someone who pleads another's case before a judge, in this case God. I remembered this verse two days ago and...

Do Qumranic/Essense foundations of Christianity predate Jesus Christ? [ 9 Answers ]

Have you read the book, EDMUND WILSON. The Dead Sea Scrolls, 1947-1969, New York: Oxford University Press, 1969? As an eminent critic and author, Wilson has shown himself a man for all subjects. Though a self-confessed nonexpert on the scrolls, his narrative powers brought his work wide...

Jesus [ 17 Answers ]

When did jesus learn he was christ?

View more questions Search