Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kadders04 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2011, 08:44 AM
    FALSE Positive UA!
    My couselor told me yesterday I had a POSITIVE ua on 5-23. I absolutley did NOT DRINK. I have not drank in MONTHS. I am freaking out because it is a FALSE POSITIVE. They are sending it back to the lab to see if its "positive" again. I am so confused on how it could even be positive. My couselor told me my numbers were "high up" which was unbelievable because I've had NOTHING in my system. Please help me out with what I can do. Ive been looking at reasons and one of them is too much sugar? I do drink a lot of coffee with sugar in it. If worse comes to worse I might get a DNA sample done to make sure that's my urine. Otherwise I don't know what I can do to prove I did not have any alcohol. Please help.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 27, 2011, 09:08 AM

Obviously this question does not belong in a "homework help" forum. Nevertheless: you should try and find out what kind of test they ran. Here's a web site that suggests that at least one kind of test for alcohol is notorious for false positives:
    EtG Test - Widely-Used EtG Test for Alcohol Unreliable
    khaning Posts: 22, Reputation: 0
    -

May 27, 2011, 08:51 PM
    Nothing if you did not drink do nott sweat it. If you did you are busted.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 28, 2011, 04:04 AM

You either have had absolutely nothing to drink in months and this is a false positive OR you had a "sip" of wine and the test is accurate. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/addict...ne-578560.html

Which one is it?

Do I believe this thread? No. Why is that? You've been asking questions about how much you can drink and not test positive for several months. Here's just one of your questions (random, of course, nothing to do with your situation, at least according to you): https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/addict...ng-564969.html

(We have little patience here for people who post questions and do not tell the truth.)
    kadders04 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2011, 07:11 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    I am sorry. I have been sober since May 1st. I was freaking out because my couselor was literally interigating me. I had nothing in my system, sat. I took a UA and passed it, sat night I actually WENT to a AA meeting, and Sunday night I sat home all night with my family watching sundaynight movies. Sorry I was posting different questions. I really really apperciate the input. Again she said my numbers were"high" so basically she was saying I must have been drunk, which I wasn't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 positive 1 negative what's that mean [ 1 Answers ]

I had my period 2 weeks ago I have been sick to my stomach for 1 week and I took two test ysterday they cam back with positive a faint pos but deff a pos I took a test today and it cam back negative what's that mean

If you add a positive to a negative what do you get? [ 5 Answers ]

I need help with all possible questions such as subtracting, dividing, and multiplying.

False accusation? Or false allegation? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my wife are going through divorce proceedings and things have not exactly been rosey! Her latest supprise was to ring the police this morning to report me for "pushing her over" now obviousley this is classed as assault and I know this But after 8 hours in a cell I was released and...

Will I test positive [ 19 Answers ]

Will I test positive if I smoked crack 5 days before my hair folcle test?

False positive pregnancy test? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm on cd/31---33 day cycle, this morn I woke up at 2am and did a pregnancy test it was pos, a faint line, so just to check again I decided to do it again at 7am and it was negative! I'm so confused, help xx

View more questions Search