Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

May 23, 2011, 06:01 AM
    The Earth, and humankind!
    Hello.

Now that we are all still here on earth and it is May 23, 2011 and the earth did not end, nor did anyone fly to heaven, what do you personally feel is the purpose to our life here on earth? Will the earth last forever? Will humans always live here on earth?

Peace,

Hope12
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

May 23, 2011, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope12 View Post
    Hello.

Now that we are all still here on earth and it is May 23, 2011 and the earth did not end, nor did anyone fly to heaven, what do you personally feel is the purpose to our life here on earth? Will the earth last forever? Will humans always live here on earth?

peace,

Hope12
    Hi Hope,

The first part of your question is easy from my point of view. We should strive to be the best possible human being.

The second part is a bit harder. Apparently our sun is the right mass to become a Red Giant in a few billion years or so. This means the sun's corona will extend to where the earth orbits. All life on earth will have become well and truly extinct before that happens. Apparently some scientists speculate that as the sun loses its mass planets will establish their orbit at a greater distance.

Suffice to say, it doesn't really matter. We only have a few billion years left.

Tut
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 23, 2011, 05:34 PM
    I'd like to address this question in a different way. Just because a select bunch of crazies who are easily fooled believe something, does not make it so. His prediction was wrong... what he was predicting is real. Let's not assume Christianity is invalid just because some got it wrong and convinced others to do the same. Christianity did not make the prediction... Harold Camping did. His prediction is NOT in the bible... but the three questions you just asked are answered very specifically.
    "What is our purpose?"
    Numbers 14:21 But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD.

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited:

Habakkuk 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

"Will the earth last forever?" and "Will humans always live on the earth?"
    Psalm 102:25-26
    The earth and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish.
    Isaiah 65:17
    For, behold, I create a new heavens and a new earth.
    Matthew 5:18
    For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Matthew 24:35, Mark 13:31, Luke 21:33
    Heaven and earth shall pass away; but my words shall not pass away.
    Hebrews 1:10-11
    Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands. They shall perish.
    2 Peter 3:10
    The heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
    2 Peter 3:13
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth.
    Revelation 21:1
    And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

May 24, 2011, 03:29 PM

I think we are here to learn why we are here.

Nothing made from matter lasts forever
    Neither will this planet, sun, or galaxy

But matter cannot be created or destroyed
    It only changes form .

We are all made of the same matter
    That once made up stars,
    We may be recycling.

May 27, 2011, 06:40 PM
    Hope12, what do YOU think is going on with "life"?

May 28, 2011, 08:44 AM

Hello hauntinghelper,

I personally think that people in general are respectful and caring and yet -still there are some who ruin life on earth for the rest of us by their conduct and lack of respect for others, the earth, and for God. Because of those who disrespect God and others, and have no appreciation for the home God gave man, there will be an accountability to God for their actions. "AS TO THE DAY AND HOUR THOUGH NO ONE KNOWS, NOT THE ANGELs, NOR THE SON, ONLY THE FATHER KNOWS." ( I put this in Capiitals so that no one thinks I am predicting a dooms day, like camping)

I don't believe the earth will ever be destroyed because that is were God placed us to live life, but not as it is today. God did not mean for us to suffer the way we do with sickness, crime, violence, hatred, war, terrorists, and death. Just as a parent can passs imperfect qualities to their children, so o when Adam and Eve listen to satan the devil, they became imperfect and brought about sin and death to themselves. We being descendants of Adam and Eve, they passed sin and death to us.. That is why I believe God never intended mankind to suffer or die. Man bought about suffering on themselves. Psalm 146:3-6.
    Jeremiah 10:23 “ I well know, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.” Salvation belongs to God! Psalm 3:8 Our .life depends on our obedience to God. God though does give us a choice, he does not force us to obey.

I believe the earth will never be destroyed because man is made to live on earth.
    “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.”—Matt. 6:10.

Ecclesiastes 1:4 A generation is going, and a generation is coming; but the earth is standing even to time indefinite.

Isaiah 45:18 For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited:.. .

Revelation 11:18 But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time for the dead to be judged, and to give [their] reward to your slaves the prophets and to the holy ones and to those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”

I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be any more. The former things have passed away.”Rev. 21:1, 4.
    2 Peter 3:5-7 For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and by those [means] the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water. 7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.

Think about this, what effect would fire have on the already intensely hot sun and stars? The earth spoken of must be symbolic.

I personally believe that the world or earth spoken of as being destroyed is symbolic of wicked mankind. Those who totally disrespect God and his laws. Notice why I believe this. 2 Peter 3:5-7 show us I verse 6, that a world suffered destruction in the time of a deluge, yet the earth still remains today. The people back then were destroyed not the literal earth. History proves that and so does Science. Then in verse “ But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men. “ I believe the earth that is stored up for fire, is not a literal fire, but the fire of God's wrath. Then verse 7 also states that ungodly man are reserved for destruction not literal earth.

Psalm 37:29 The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

How can man reside on earth if it is destroyed?

Isaiah 45:18.. . He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited:.. .

Can one inhabit something that is set on fire or destroyed?

Matt. 6:10: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.”
    Ps. 37:29: “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.”

So in conclusion, I believe the earth will last forever as the bible states. I also believe that those approved by God will live on earth as scriptures state. This world is so messed up I believe God has a right as our Creator to destroy any who choose to ignore his laws. All God's laws are in place for the protection of man. The disobedience of those laws is what caused the mess the world is in today. This is what thee end of the world means to me, the end of all wickedness and those who practice such evil things as murder, stealing, lying, hatred, practice of immorality, and anything that is hated by God. Once all wickedness is gone, God will restore all things the way he intended it to be from the beginning. Then mankind that will live in peace and happiness with family, friends and loved ones. I believe there are some who will be with Jesus in heaven.
    Luke 12:32 “Have no fear, little flock, because YOUR Father has approved of giving YOU the kingdom.

These though are limited:

Revelation 7:1-4 After this I saw four angels standing upon the four corners of the earth, holding tight the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow upon the earth or upon the sea or upon any tree. 2 And I saw another angel ascending from the sunrising, having a seal of [the] living God; and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, 3 saying: “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads.” 4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel:

There are those who will live on earth.

Proverbs 2:21-22 For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22 As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.

Psalm 37:10-11 And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. 11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

pEACE,
    hOPE12
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 28, 2011, 09:10 AM
    what do you personally feel is the purpose to our life here on earth?
    Micah 6:8-9 (NIV)
    He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
    Will the earth last forever? Will humans always live here on earth?
    Matthew 24:35 (KJV)
    Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Isaiah 65:17 (KJV)
    For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

May 28, 2011, 10:16 AM
    Nice response Hope.

May 30, 2011, 08:43 AM
    Dear Wondergirl,
    Matthew 24:35 (KJV)
    Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Isaiah 65:17 (KJV)
    For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
    In light of the above scrpitures how do fit in harmony or in context with the below scrptures?

Isaiah 45:18 (King James Version)

18For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Psalm 104:5 (King James Version)

5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

Psalm 119:90 (King James Version)

90 Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.
    _______
    Online dictionary show "abidetyh" comes from the word "abide
    The meaning the dictionar0y gives is:

Dictionary.com says"
    Unending, unchanging, unshakable.

Psalm 37:29 (King James Version)
    29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.

Please expain these scriptures and what they mean to you in context with the scrpture you quoted from
    Mathew and Isaiah. If one is to believe the literal earth is to be destroyed as some believe, then the scriptuures you sited above and the ones I have qouted would be in contradiction of each other. I personally do not believe God's word, the bible, contradicts itself. My question to you wondergirl is, How do you explain these scriptures and bring them in harmony with each other?

Look forward to hearing from you.

BTW: I quoted the KJV of the bible, s that we are using the same translation.

Peace,
    Hope12

excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 30, 2011, 09:00 AM
    what do you personally feel is the purpose to our life here on earth? Will the earth last forever? Will humans always live here on earth?
    Hello Hope:

I don't view humankind as different than any other species here on the planet. Like them, our purpose is to propagate. The earth will burn up in about 5 billion years, when our sun engulfs it. Always is a long time, but no, we'll go extinct like every other species on earth has...

If believing what you do gives you solace, continue on. However, it gives me great comfort knowing the truth.

excon
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2011, 09:15 AM
    Please expain these scriptures and what they mean to you in context with the scrpture you quoted from
    Mathew and Isaiah. If one is to believe the literal earth is to be destroyed as some believe, then the scriptuures you sited above and the ones I have qouted would be in contradiction of each other.
    I know you are a Witness and thus know what you believe about what will happen to the Earth. My commenting further would be of no value to you. And neither of us knows what God has in mind for us as to our location after death. For some, the Afterlife is sitting on puffy clouds while playing a harp; for others, it is walking on a pure Earth equal to the Garden of Eden; for still others, it is the peace and silence of the grave. No matter what it is, I'm going to be in a good place.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 30, 2011, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    If believing what you do gives you solace, continue on. However, it gives me great comfort knowing the truth.
    Comfort in knowing your truth, you meant:)

May 30, 2011, 09:36 AM
    Comment on BMI's post
    BMI,
    I totally agree, what is truth to some, is not truth to all.
    Peace,
    Hope 12
    Uber Member

May 30, 2011, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BMI View Post
    Comfort in knowing your truth, you meant:)
    Hello BMI:

Actually, I DIDN'T. The truth doesn't have versions. Like I said above, if religion gives you solace, then I'm fine with YOU seeking it out. It shouldn't, however, be confused with fact.

excon
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello BMI:

Actually, I DIDN'T. The truth doesn't have versions. Like I said above, if religion gives you solace, then I'm fine with YOU seeking it out. It shouldn't, however, be confused with fact.

excon
    Dear excon:

What about you and me playing poker on one of those puffy clouds?

WG
    Uber Member

May 30, 2011, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What about you and me playing poker on one of those puffy clouds?
    Hello WG:

It's a nice thought... But, I'm going to be in the ground with worms in my nose..

excon
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 30, 2011, 09:54 AM

Ex,

I know you didn't mean that. I was simply trying to be an island full of naked chicks.

When the human race becomes extinct, then your 'truth' becomes a fact.

When my BFF in the sky welcomes me in Heaven, my 'truth' will become fact.

Somehow, I think you know this already and I do not think you are confused over the definition of what constitutes a fact.

If so, Imma chalk this one up to it being Monday and still consider you one of my best friends:)
    Uber Member

May 30, 2011, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BMI View Post
    If so, Imma chalk this one up to it being Monday and still consider you one of my best friends:)
    Hello again, BMI:

We can be best friends and not agree on everything, can't we?

excon

May 30, 2011, 09:59 AM
    I know you are a Witness and thus know what you believe about what will happen to the Earth. My commenting further would be of no value to you. And neither of us knows what God has in mind for us as to our location after death. For some, the Afterlife is sitting on puffy clouds while playing a harp; for others, it is walking on a pure Earth equal to the Garden of Eden; for still others, it is the peace and silence of the grave. No matter what it is, I'm going to be there.
    Hello wondergirl,

My question has to do with what the bible states it is not about my religion or yours. It is strictly about the bible, that is why I used the Kig Jamese Version in my comments. You said that further commenting would be no value to me, shouldn't I be the judge of that? You also do not know what is in my heart or what I believe, Only God knows that. As to being a Jehovah Witness, yes that is my religion and am proud to be one. But as stated before, this is not about religion but the bible. I would really welcome a reply to my queston, "Please expain these scriptures and what they mean to you in context with the scrpture you quoted from Mathew and Isaiah. If one is to believe the literal earth is to be destroyed as some believe, then the scriptuures you sited above and the ones I have qouted would be in contradiction of each other.

Peace,
    Hope12
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 30, 2011, 10:15 AM
    Hello wondergirl,

My question has to do with what the bible states it is not about my religion or yours. ... You also do not know what is in my heart or what I believe. ... As to being a Jehovah Witness, yes that is my religion and am proud to be one.
    Of course, it's about your religion and mine. Neither of us is able to put aside our strongly-held beliefs to find a different "truth" or to be swayed to the other's belief. Whatever I post, you will reply with a copied/pasted passage from The Watchtower or some other JW publication.

Our differences in belief are okay; we can agree to disagree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What on earth. [ 2 Answers ]

KB907436... why do not operate... my MS Window... How can I solve this resist.. :(

What on earth do I say? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been going out with my boyfriend for awhile now and he thinks its time for me to meet his daughters,there 11 and 12 years old.I have no idea what to say to them.they don't know we are going out . This is not a big thing to him but it is to me,it means a lot to me I know not to try to hard...

A New Earth - What do you think? [ 19 Answers ]

For those of you that are following Oprah and Eckhart Tolle's , A New Earth what you think about it. Personally, I love it. Long ago, I knew that organized religion was not for me. It seem to come down to someone or something (Bible) dictating what you are to believe. Belief is something...

Rate at which moon obits the earth assuming distance between moon and earth is 382,00 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rate that the moon orbits the earth assuming the distance between the moon and the earth is 382,000,000 meters. Should I derive from Distance=RatexTime?

About earth [ 1 Answers ]

Wat if earth stops rotating? Give detailed explanation...

View more questions Search