Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tj178 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2011, 12:08 PM
    Girlfriend left because trust issues. Ive changed but don't know when/how to show
    So my girlfriend broke up with me this Monday. There are two reasons we broke up. 1. My trust issues (which I had worked on, but ill explain that in a second) and sometimes conrolling nature and 2. My ex girlfriend from years ago messaged her out of nowhere saying I called my ex beautiful and I loved her, which never happened.
    Hate to give my life story and ask for advice over the internet but, I'm honestly out of options. About 3 years ago I lost my virginity to a girl who cheated on me, 3 days after the matter. That plus many numerous backstabbings made it hard for me to fully trust someone.
    Me and my girlfriend had broken up once before earlier in the year for the same thing, I promised her I would change, but it wouldn't happen over night and to just have some patience, well she took me back non the less.
    The past 3 weeks I had fully faced my demons and basically reinvented my views, I had made a 3 page letter and planned to announce the news with a rose and dinner.(during this reinvention though, I had gotten upset easy and that made her upset) Honestly a huge accomplishment on my part and wanted her to feel proud! The day of the break up I kind of hinted at the note and told her id give it to her tomorrow. That night before I went to work I heard she walked home with some guy that has been hitting on her for a while now. Made me nervous.
    So she could tell I got nervous and tried to explain in the 5 minutes before work that I'm sorry I got nervous and ill text you during work. So here I am working and I don't get a text back for 2 hours, only to find out she's talking to her mom (who doesn't exactly like me) and that night I get the break up. Now she wants space and I'm letting her have it (hard as that is) but I'm worried she's going to move on and think life is better without me. We had the perfect relationship except for this issue. We had dated for 8 months ( I've never fallen this hard for a girl, a relationship that isn't even half the time of my longest)
    So I've made a plan to write her a note over the span of 7 days, a paragraph or to a day and Then I'm taking the picture she drew of us holding hands with a heart in the middle. Im ripping it in half, and drew my side of the picture (to symbolize I'm willing to put in the same amount of trust, love, effort, etc.) and I glued it together with permanent glue, to symbolize that it won't go back to the old ways. But I'm not sure when to give this to her, is this cheesy or too much? I want her to know I've honestly changed and won't be controlling and can absoulty 100% trust her, but I'm not sure the exact way/when to say it. Any ideas?
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

May 24, 2011, 08:15 AM
    My suggestion is to write your note, and then rip it up and throw it away (not being a smart *** here).

Writing the note will get your feelings on paper, but the note will make you seem desperate and this will play back into your "controlling" issues.

--- Look up, and read the "No Contact" rule. This would help you in this situation.
    Your situation is VERY close to my first "real" relationship and how it ended. I did NOT follow the no contact rule and it did two things, 1. made me look like a desperate idiot and 2. Proved to her that I was NOT what she wanted in a guy.

BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 24, 2011, 08:40 AM

I think most are, or will be upon reading, skeptical when it comes to this 'transformation' of yours.

You read enough stories on here and the same things/patterns seem to emerge from the brokenhearted. Namely, the person who has been dumped realizes (very quickly) what it is they have been doing wrong for X amount of time and (even quicker) is able to rectify this problem. It is a great way to convince yourself that you have a chance to get back with her.

According to your post, this already happened once, rememeber? You 'changed', yet find yourself in the same position only months later.

As interesting as I find the above as applied to those that have been dumped, I think it is irrelevant in this situation. I do not think it has anything to do with your 'controlling nature'. I think she is just looking elsewhere, friend. Plain and simple. Sure she could give you reasons, whether those are the real reasons or just reasons to make you feel less hurt or pacify your reaction, will never be known to you.

This walk home with another guy, the delay in texting, all signs that she is exploring. She does not need to even date this one guy for it not to stand as an indication she is moving on. It does suck, I think everyone on here will greenie that statement; however, searching for answers will lead you down a path, trust me, you do not want to go. It is paved with non-returned texts, calls, etc. News that she is dating this guy or seeing that guy and culminating with you desperately seeking a way back in at the expense of your pride and self-respect.

Unfortunately, the idea about the picture and the symbolism involved, is already proving this to be true.

Move along, easy to say hard to do. I don't think she is trying to hurt you; however, keep trying to win her back and eventually you will be hurt, guaranteed. Except, when you are hurt further, it will not be her to blame but you.

Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've changed the breaker and still no power to lights or outlets [ 3 Answers ]

Today the lights in my sons room & all outlets stopped working, including the light & half the outlets in my room & the hallway. We have only 1 GFI plug & its in my bathroom which is working fine. We replaced a breaker in the box which says (lights & plugs) and still nothing. We've flipped all the...

I have issues lying and stealing and my parents don't trust me now. [ 7 Answers ]

I have had a lot of trouble ying and stealing lately... I have been caught twice and I am addicted to lying, I just can't seem to stop. Does anyone know how to stop this?? I have such a hard time resisting the urge to lie or steal and can't seem to break the habit even though I really want to....

Ex girlfriend wants to see if I'm changed and If she can trust me [ 53 Answers ]

Threads merged All right experts! I've been just reading this forum and now I'm in the same situation with a lot of people here are. So we've been seeing each other for about 8 months. I'm korean (24) and she's italian/american (barely turned 21). So yeah there's race and cultural differences...

My ex pregnant girlfriend as left me and I don't know what to do [ 6 Answers ]

HI my ex pregnant girlfriend left me and I don't know why she was in a relationship which was all but over when we met to get to the point I am devastated it feels like I was used just so she could get pregnant she has two children from ex and this one now could be her last because of the ceserians...

I've just changed to Firefox but eveythings different [ 4 Answers ]

Ask me help desk is nothing like before I can't see the picture under my name is it still their?? I can't seem to get it back how it was unless I go back to internet explorer Can anybody help Ask me help desk looks like it was designed in 1906 I've got really rubbish smiley's my text is...

View more questions Search