Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bettymarie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Siding staining
    I have an older house built in the 40's with 12 inch beveled cedar siding. Under this is the old traditional 3/4 inch shiplap. Over the shiplap is tarpaper. I have noticed weeping and dark stains on the siding and would attribute this to probably no vapour barrier. What can be done, if anything, to help solve this problem short of gutting every inside wall removing the wood chips, installing insulation and a vapour barrier ?

Tks.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Jan 28, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Is this staining on all sides or just the north side?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer or dryer is staining clothes [ 4 Answers ]

Not with every load but often either the washer or dryer is staining our clothes... The stain color is like a blue to green color. No fabric softener is used. What would be the cause of the stains and where do I begin to figure out what the problem is Thanks

Concrete staining [ 3 Answers ]

Can concrete be acid stained with fiber mesh in the mix.

Blue-green water staining [ 4 Answers ]

There is a marked Blue-green stain that develops in the shower stall, less so in the kitchen and bathroom sinks. I'm assuming it is a reaction triggered by the hot water. I'm also asking not just because it requires more cleaning, but my hairdresser says that it also creates a layer on my hair!...

Exterior concrete staining [ 1 Answers ]

How can I stain outdoor concrete patio slab. For a warm stain look. Tips?? :cool:

View more questions Search