Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dirongate82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2011, 05:23 AM
    Old colman system?
    I baught an old trailer. It has an old coleman heat and air unit. The thermastat only has two wires.
    So what controls the air? How does the air come on?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 13, 2011, 07:52 AM

A two wire thermostat is for only one function, probably heat. You may or may not have an AC unit but you don't have a stat that can control both heat and AC
    Seann Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2011, 09:52 AM

Hi
    There can be two possibilities
    1) u have heat only application
    2) u have heat and cool both ,in this case u should have a heat cool changeover switch on the system it self.
    In 2 wire system the fan is controlled by the system itself,the system advise the fan as when to turn on.
    If it's a 24 Vac system then u just need to connect wires to R and W.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Colman heater [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a 1987 colman gas heater and it seems like the unit will not stay on till the thermosta temp is reached will short cycle ttill temp is reached

Colman furnace? [ 2 Answers ]

Colman furnace Serial # 048166476 Model # 7680c856 80,000 BTU input 60,000 BTU out put Standing pilot Coleman gas funace, model #7680C856 for mobile home worked great last year but since cold season hit, can't keep home warm Thought it might be the thermostat so replaced that with new one...

Colman furnace [ 6 Answers ]

Have A Colman Furnace Dated 2003-model Number-dgaa070bdta-have A Lot Of Trouble With Combustion Air Switch-either Stuck Closed Or Open(have Purchased 3)had To Sucked On Hose To Combustion Air Switch To Make It Close And It Will Work For Awhile. Help

Colman furance [ 4 Answers ]

My colman furnace runs short cycle on and off every 2min replaced double stacks new thermostat still same way. How do I fix this problem

Colman electric furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a colman electric furnace in a late 80's mobile home. When the thermostate turns on the heating elements get hot but the fan will not start for 3 to 5 minutes. It will start after this time and run out the cycle. What keeps the motor from starting in this 3 to 5 minutes? Yes it is turned off...

View more questions Search