Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CarlyTD Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

May 11, 2011, 01:01 PM
    MS Access - compare two fields in a query
    Hi,

I am new to Access and an hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have two tables that are inner joined by FIELD_A. Both tables are have the same fields but the data comes from different sources. So I have Table 1 Field_A Field_B & Field_C and Table 2 Field_A Field_B & Field_C. The tables are joined by Field_A and my query output is:

Table1.Field_A Table1.Field_B Table1.Field_C Table2.Field_A Table2.Field_B Table2.Field_C

What I want to do is select records where Table1.Field_C is not equal to Table2.Field_C.

I have tried playing in the SQL view but I just can't seem to get it. Any advice?

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 20, 2011, 03:24 AM

Access has a wizard to do this. Use the Query Design wizard and choose the Unmatched query wizard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to fill a field in Access 2007 database from two earlier fields. [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to automatically fill a field in accesss 2007 from two earlier fields. For example if the field has "Smith" in it and the field has "John" in it can access automatically fill the field with "John Smith" I'm very new to Access and can't seem to see if this is possible or not

Autonumber fields in Access 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

In Access 2007, when I create a new table, it defaults to an ID field that is autonumber. That is great and works as expected. When I create another field within the same table and want it to also autonumber, that is not a presented option when I try to format that field. How do I set a second...

Consolidate fields on query [ 1 Answers ]

OK I know there is an easy way to do this and for the life of my I cannot figure it out... When designing a query, how can you make it where a certain field only lists once. For example if you are trying to pull names from a customer list for people that have spent more than $100. Some...

Access Query Design [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all, I am new to the site and would appreciate any help. I have set of data I am having trouble with. I have one table which contains a series of “Assignment IDs”, products and the dates for which those products were matched to those Assignment IDs. The second table is grouped by product...

Crosstab Query in MS Access [ 1 Answers ]

How can I change the my query to crosstab query.. please see the picture.. http://www.l22l.com/l22l-up-1/8a7081adec.jpg I write this code... how can I change to a crosstab query SELECT SeaTable.location, Count(SeaTable.location) AS CountOflocation FROM SSFMainTable INNER JOIN SeaTable...

View more questions Search