Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bossdoll23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2011, 07:01 AM
    Period 1 week late
    Okay I am 16 years old my last period was April 9th I had unprotected sex on the 13 of April I told my mom she got me the pill next choice I took one but dident take the other the a week after that I had been spoting at list that's what I think it was in it only lasted one day in it know may when my periond is post to come like at the begin in it know Friday may 6 in it still haven't came yet in I start before my best friend in she is on hers now could I preganet
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 7, 2011, 02:09 PM

I'm happy to hear that you were smart enough to discuss the situation with your mom.

Pregnancy is possible, but it may also be that your cycle is off due to the emergency pill, even though you only took one.

I would try a pregnancy test, making sure you follow the directions exactly. If it is negative, wait and see what happens when your next period would be due. If you wanted to, you could try another test about a week before that if you can't stand the wait.

Hopefully you will be careful from now on and use reliable birth control (two forms would be even better) if you decide to continue to engage in sex. It won't prevent an unplanned pregnancy 100%, but at least it will lessen the odds.
    justwant2help Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

May 22, 2011, 05:29 PM
    Possibly, but doubtful. Shouldn't be having sex let alone unprotected sex at your age. I'm 19 and have a 1 month old baby and it's hard for me & the father stayed with me. But, anyhow not for this topic. I highly doubt it. The pill may have interrupted your cycle even though you didn't continue to take it. But, if your going to have unprotected sex at your age you need to be taking your pill regularly and using condoms too. You don't want a kid at your age or worse and STD. Be safe. Get a test if you're still concerned or if you don't start soon. But, I highly doubt you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My period is 1 week late could I be pregnant? [ 11 Answers ]

Okay I am 16 years old my last period was April 9th I had unprotected sex on the 13 of April I told my mom she got me the pill next choice I took one but dident take the other the a week after that I had been spoting at list that's what I think it was in it only lasted one day in it know may when...

1 week+ late for my period [ 0 Answers ]

I am 1 week+ late for my period. I'm currently taking the pill and have been for 9 months now. I start each new week of pills on Sunday's and normally begin my cycle 3 days before my placebo pills. Well I started my placebos last Sunday and still no period. I took a test on Monday, Wednesday...

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, [ 1 Answers ]

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, and my June period was only 3 days of light bleeding. I haven't had regualr periods since the birth of my first baby 4/6/09.. whom I breastfeed for 7 months. Anyway my question is I have been so nauseus and just...

Period 1 week late [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so I’m now 1 week late and slightly going out of my mind. My last period would have been 25 of April and I'm normally 28 days exactly. It started with me feeling exceptionally thirsty and tired, then it progressed to being REALLY hormonal, back ache, bouts of nausea, bb's weird dreams (and I...

View more questions Search