Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butters_30 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2011, 07:21 PM
    AC Won't Shut Off
    I have a RHT2300B Honeywell Thermostat and my AC won't shut off when it reaches desired temp. It will be 72 and I will set it to 71. It keeps running and it will be 69 and it won't shut off. Seems uncommon. My wiring in the thermstat is the Red into R, Green into G, White into W, and Light Blue into Y. The only other terminal is the O/B and I no that's not supposed to be used. Before I had a White Rodgers thermstat that came equipped with a different wiring panel that had a Rh/RC jumper wire and I never had any problems with my AC or heat not cycling or turning off. Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Seann Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2011, 10:25 AM
    Hi

As you mentioned , used terminals are R,W,Y,G
    In this R is power,W is heating ,G is fan and Y is compressor
    In RTH2300B when you run Ur cooling,do you see word cool on on display,if cool on is there then that means the set point has still not been satisfied.
    If cool on is not there,then you may try these steps
    1) put your system switch to off fan to auto
    If compressor is still running
    Then remove face plate off the wall
    If compressor is still running then remove Y wire out
    If compressor still running then its your compressor for sure
    But , if your compressor stops as you put stat off the wall
    Then remove Y and G wire out
    Put G to Y,leave Y wire unconnected
    Put stat cover back on wall
    Put your system to cool fan to auto
    If fan starts running ,then it's the stat
    But if stat behaves normal,fan comes on and off as you call and end the call for cool
    Then its your compressor

Try this
    If still cannot figure out
    Call Honeywell Tech Support.
    paultg Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Check to see if your contactor in the ac unit is stuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My delta univcersal trim kit doesn't,t shut off ,how do I install it to shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a delta universal trim kit#10003/10004and the knob will not shut off the water. Is there a way that I have to position the guts inside the wall?

My Mom Won't Shut Up and My dad won't shut up, noise noise. Annoyed. [ 18 Answers ]

My mom nevers shut up. She repeats everything and reminds me about everything. Also, my dad eats with his mouth open cause he's old and I have to hear it because my computer is near the dining room, actually basically in probably. Also, my big brother laughs upstairs at his anime.. My twin brother...

A/C won't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a coleman presidential II unit. My heater works fine but my A/C will not shut off. We have to work it manually. It doesn't matter where I set the thermostat it just keeps running. :confused:

View more questions Search