Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joseph2Smith_88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 01:16 PM
    I can't forget my former best friend...
    Like magic, I met this beautiful, smart girl (let's call her Kim). We started to talk. We talked each day more and more, because we shared a lot of things. I could not believe my luck. We were not dating, but we had out close moments.

Of course, as time went by, we were fighting more and more, but we always came to our senses.

I started to fall in love with her, the close moments were still there.
    Like I said, we never dated and sometimes she had one night stands with other guys and that was like an arrow through my heart.
    Of course, I also had "another best" friend (let's call him Curtis), and it was sometimes difficult to make her happy.

We changed schools and I felt we were drifting away, especially because I was hurt by the way she sometimes treated me. But I never lost my love for her, I always thought we had something special.

We started talking less and less, she started to talk to another girl (let's call her Wanda) and they became best friends.

So, when I realized this I did not know her anymore. We had nothing to talk about, because we were not close anymore.

Meanwhile, Curtis moved to another city, my parents were (and still are) having an on/off relationship and a friend of mine came to my school and turned out to be a pain in the butt (James). He's a nice guy, but I don't feel happy when I am with him (another problem I don't know how to deal with it, because he considers me a close friend).

After all this, Kim and Wanda were getting badly treated by our class (which only came to give me more pain, seeing 2 people I liked getting this kind of treatment. I tried to stand up for them. But I'm not strong, convincing, respectable or anything else in those categories).

In the end, I received the news that Curtis was coming back, but James will be "on my ***" and I will not be able to be free with my real best friend, Curtis.

And, Kim and Wanda are changing schools, which was the final nail in my coffin. I still love Kim (I still consider her the most beautiful girl I have ever seen) and for me it will be another Summer wasted with tears.

I never thought this would end this way. I'm just so depressed, right now, in this phase of my life. I feel Kim is going to be my only true love. For me, she is perfect. I don't want another girl, but I can't face that our close friendship is stuck in the past.

For hard as it is, I don't want to forget her. We dreamed of travelling together and be together for sometime, but now I feel like she's happier and that I am miserable and that I meant nothing to her.

Sorry for the long post, but can anybody help me?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 4, 2011, 02:45 PM

How old are you? This is too much drama for an adult. Adults make adjustments to changes in a situation.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2011, 04:40 PM
    This problem that seems monumental toyou right now will fix itself. At that age when you like someone it changes quickly and friends come and go, you need to learn to adjust to your scenarios a little better, but that comes with practice. You will be fine, distract yourself with hobbies and concentrate on school.

Good luck,
    Javi
    mystific Posts: 340, Reputation: 308

May 5, 2011, 05:44 PM

Wayyyyy to many people involved.. I got lost after "Curtis".

Focus on one person and one person only. Learn to priortise your time and go from there.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 5, 2011, 10:18 PM

Soap opera,anyone?

I think you focus on you and what you really want in life-and leave all the drama in the past.

Get busy,keep active and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I forget things I want to forget? [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to forget my last year combination but I just seem to have a photographic memory. Nobody else I know remembers there last year combination and I really want to not remember it but I just don't know how!!

Punta Cana [ 1 Answers ]

In September me and two friends booked a trip to Punta Cana for Spring Break. A month ago the two girls had a huge fight and no longer get along. After the fight me we all agreed to cancel the trip as it would seem awkward to go all together. The one girl and I went and cancelled ours but we could...

There is this song, Male Artist singing to a friend helping forget a passed love ? [ 0 Answers ]

Goes something like.. . He dosen't deserve you... I'll help you forget him... I'll put my arm abound you... Take your worries away...

Girl friend saying she is loving some one else when I proposed.unable to forget her [ 12 Answers ]

When I proposed my girl friend she said, I wish to be single and not interested in marriage. I thought I can convince her for marriage after some time. But she continued to behave like friend. She showed lot of affection and said she is my best friend. I said I want more than a frienship from her...

I loved my best friend, now I need to try to forget her [ 4 Answers ]

I am/ was a freshmen in college. I went to a small division two school and loved every minute of it, but I now transferring schools cause of money. Now when I attended this smaller school I had a best friend. I mean she was perfect. Blonde, southern, played volleyball, loved sports, and was the...

View more questions Search