Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butters_30 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2011, 07:28 PM
    Wiring Thermostat Question Revised
    I had a white rogers thermostat which had a jumper cable wire RH/RC. I decided to get a new honeywell that did not have that option and I my wiring is 4 wires blue, white, green, and red. Im getting a new White Rogers 1F78-151 which has the jumper wire cable which is equivalent to my old white rogers which worked great. How would I go about wiring the new white rogers that I'm getting based on my wiring? Also, what I noticed on my honeywell that I have now is that the AC doesn't shut off or cycle but on my old white rogers thermostat it worked fine. Is this because I have single transformer? Appreciate your feedback!
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2011, 07:22 AM

Based on the info you have provided, the most probable scenario suggests that the red wire would connect to the "R" terminal (with RC-RH jumper installed, if present), the white wire would connect to the "W" terminal, the green wire would connect to the "G" terminal, and the blue wire would connect to the "Y" terminal. Check the low-voltage connections at the indoor unit to verify color designations.
    Seann Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 09:23 AM
    hi

first of all don't go by colour codes
    I think u have connected the blue wire to O/B on honeywell stat and that might be the reason why its running contaniously
    u can use the stat with R on new stat ,as u have a jumper between R and Rc on old stat,that's means there is only one wire comingf out of the wall for R^Rc
    finally do label the wires from the system if u have not labelled the wires of the stat
    that will solve your problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Thermostat Question [ 0 Answers ]

I had a white rogers thermostat which had a jumper cable wire RH/RC. I decided to get a new honeywell that did not have that option and I my wiring is 4 wires blue, white, green, and white. Im getting a new White Rogers 1F78-151 which has the jumper wire cable which is equivalent to my old white...

Thermostat wiring question [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old white rodgers mercury switch 4 wire thermostat for a heating/cooling system that has terminals marked as w, y, g, and rc with rc jumped to a terminal marked 4. The new Honeywell ct31a thermostat has terminals marked w, y, g, and r. It says to conncect y to y, w to w, g to g, and...

Thermostat Wiring Question [ 1 Answers ]

While installing a new thermostat I accidentally attached the blue wire (common) to the heat damper terminal on the thermostat. It is a common 5 wire set-up with red being hot, white being the heat relay, the yellow being compressor contact and the green being the fan. I lost power to the...

Thermostat wiring question [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I have an old thermostat that needs to be replaced. Just to be thorough, the old thermostat is a Goodman mod #HPTD18-60. It's a 24v line that controls both heating and cooling and has a multistage heat pump. The new thermostat is a honeywell RTH7400D. The old thermostat uses the...

Thermostat Wiring Question [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for your help... I just purchased a large older home, and I want to replace the thermostats. They are Honeywell Chronotherm III's and the digital display's are impossible to read. I'm thinking of replacing them with Hunter AutoSaver 550's. The house has a hydro air system,...

View more questions Search