Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigshow09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2011, 01:50 PM
    Rommate leaving on the 15th
    My roommate is moving out on the 15 and it's the 1st he said he won't pay rent this month. There is not contract for him. Is there anything I can do to get him to pay?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 1, 2011, 03:23 PM

No written contract. You nevertheless have an unwritten but express (or possibly implied) contract that each of you will pay half the rent. The problem is that he plans on breaking the contract. In that case, normally the only thing you can do is to pay his share and then take him to small claims court.
    khaning Posts: 22, Reputation: 0
    -

May 27, 2011, 07:39 PM
    Nope that is the prioce you pay for not including friends on leases.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rommate not on the lease [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I have this roommate my husband and I were helping out she is always late with rent does drugs and drinks all the time. She is putting so much stress on my husband and I it seems like we are always fighting. I want her out as soon as possible how early can I have her out with out getting...

Rommate not on lease won't leave [ 2 Answers ]

I have someone I used to be involved with for a short time who came to live with me. They never signed a lease and I never notified the landlord about them living with me. Now the person will not leave. It has been 3 months. Can I get them evicted without notifying the landlord?

What happen if I give my rommate 30 days notice and she doesn't sign it? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hello there I rent a place and my landlord said if you want to get a roommate it 's your choice and you have to deal with it. So I found a roommate and I had month to month lease with her. And now after one year we don't get a long ( long story) I asked her to find another place so I...

Getting paid on the 1st and the 15th [ 3 Answers ]

If I get paid on the 1st, and the 15th of each month in 2007, what months would I receive a 3 week payroll check?

View more questions Search