Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jentifo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 11:49 AM
    My ex doesn't want to provide...
    My "ex" has been "starting a business" for about 4 years now. As you can imagine- he has not been consistent paying child support during this time. I'm wondering how to prove his income when I finally take him to court ( I have every reason to believe he is making some sort of money, he travels a lot on business- I know his wife has job. )

Also, he's hasn't paid in several months and like to send him and e-mail "reminding" him to pay... I'm not good with words and I'd would like some advice about how to do this without seeming offensive or confrontational...

Thank you,

J.
    seanmikel Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2007, 12:15 AM
    "I'm not good with words and I'd would like some advice about how to do this without seeming offensive or confrontational..."

... dear, dear, dear... the last thing you need to be concerned about is being offensive/confrontational... he wasn't too concerned about leaving you and your child w/ no money or he would've made it a point to be prompt/on-time with his payments... however, if you want to truly find out what you need to know, talk-to/hire a lawyer because they can subpoena his financial records when it comes to child-support issues, otherwise all single fathers would make no more than 10-12K per year and would pay hardly anything in child support, it's all based on income and so if he won't tell you, MAKE him tell you!

Hope that helps, don't be afraid to stand up for your child!
    msrandolph Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 12:50 PM
    If you have his social security number; then the courts can find out anything if he started it in his name; if you can't get to him, have your lawyer contact the new wife about filing in the courts about not paying child support or tell the courts that he has income and is flying around the country; and that you feel if he can afford to fly anywhere, he should be paying the court ordered payments to take care of his child or children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pubic Shaving Tips - M/F Shavers Please Provide Input [ 21 Answers ]

Hello, I have been reading the threads on the forums regarding shaving pubic hair. I tried this with good results a little over a week ago (actually started as trimming & then got carried away). The smooth balls felt great & my wife LOVED it; We have had some of the best sex we have...

View more questions Search