Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmw123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2011, 06:25 PM
    Think I'm pregnant and I'm bleeding
    I took a ept test it showed up positive for pregnant and my period has passed and I'm still bleed ing about 12 days after is this normal or is it bad I'm worried I'm going to have a miscarriage please help
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2011, 03:18 PM

Unfortunately if you were having a miscarriage there wouldn't be anything you could do at this stage, other than take it easy.

When you took the pregnancy test, did you read the results in the time specified on the test or later on? Sometimes, if you read it later, it may look like a positive but it would not be accurate unless the positive came up straight away. When did you take the test? If you had a period, what made you decide to take a test?

Certainly it would be wise to see your doctor to first confirm a pregnancy and second, if you are pregnant, to determine whether the bleeding is due to a possible miscarriage or bleeding that some women will experience in early pregnancy. If you aren't pregnant, than of course they will check to see why you are still bleeding when your period should have ended.
    justwant2help Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

May 22, 2011, 05:22 PM
    It could have been a false positive and you could be having an early miscarriage, since most women don't notice or get a test to find out they just think it's their period. Get a test after you quit bleeding to see if it still shows pregnant. Because, if you don't follow the directions on the box to a T then you might get a false positive & sometimes it will show a false positive anyhow. Retest after the bleeding passes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I'm pregnant but I'm still bleeding [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex in April and 5days later I had a light period which I'm normally very heavy then in may I had a normal period but it only lasted 5days which mine usually lasts 7. in early June I started spotting and 3days later I got my period it was light and lasted 2days I...

Could I be pregnant even if I'm bleeding? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm supposed to get my period in 2 days and Im cramping and bleeding a little. I thought I might have started my period today; however, I'm not bleeding as much as I usually do when I begin my period. I have lower back pain and I'm nascious all the time. Could I be pregnant, even though Im bleeding?

16 bleeding and might be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old and my boyfriend is 17 and we have been going out for over a year and a half but we've known each othe for over 3 years. I know that we should have been having protected sex but for the last month we have been having unprotected sex. Sorry for being so graphic but.. ;me and him had...

Bleeding while pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I found out last Thursday that I am pregnant. So I am about 5 weeks and I started bleeding yesterday (on my birthday :() It is like a period but I have no cramps and have not passed any clots. It is usually dark red and mucousy (sorry if tmi). I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced...

Bleeding while pregnant... [ 2 Answers ]

I recently just had sex on the 28 of October and it was my first time. I didn't bleed that day but two days later I started bleeding like in my period. It has been bleeding for 4 days now. I'm not sure if this is because of my hymen or something else. Also is it possible for me to pregnant even...

View more questions Search