Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    home Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Changing probation office?
    My son is currently on license and sees probation weekly. He has recently been told by his probation officer that the managers of the local office think that he is "manipulative" and "playing games" which I know not to be the case as my son isn't that kind of person. I am really concerned as I feel my son is being bullied and he is extremely worried that they are going to recall him as they are clearly unhappy with him, this is mainly because he recently requested a copy of his data from them under the data protection act 1998 because they were messing him about in regards to his gender identity and his current partner, asking him extremely personal questions that he felt had no bearing on his criminal behaviour and was often left feeling very 'mentally raped'. He was told this week that the managers of his office all talk about him and that he needs to stop playing games I'e requesting data. I believe they are making things worse and not helping my son in any way. Due to the managers not liking him and wanteing him to be treated fairly I was wondering whether it is at all possible for his case to be transferred to another probation office in another town without him actually moving?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by home
    I was wondering wether it is at all possible for his case to be transferred to another probation office in another town without him actually moving?
    Hello home:

No, they're not going to do that. But, your inquiry is instructive.

There are two kinds of prisoners: (1) those who lay down for them, and (2) those who don't. Your son and I are clearly (and proudly) #2's. Certainly, staff doesn't like #1's, but they dislike #2's even more. So, no - they're not going to do any favors for your son.

But, they don't do any favors for ANYBODY, so he's certainly no WORSE off. Actually, in my view, he's better off, because he know the rules. Knowing the rules, and using them to get what you want is a much better way to go about things than just asking for favors that will never be granted.

Of course, there is a down side to being informed. The officials (who don't know the rules any better than the dumbest con does), will be on his case. That's OK, as long as he knows the rules.

Given the above, if you can find grounds in the present rules for a transfer, then file your request based upon those grounds. DON'T just ask them to HELP your son out. They're not there to "help" anybody out, except themselves.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with office 10 and office 11 [ 9 Answers ]

OK I had office 2002 installed. The os is 2k. When in outlook using word as email editor. Word will encounter a problem. Ask to send a report shutdown then try to reclaim what you were working on. I have deleted the users profile and recreated it. I upgraded finally to office 2003. Still the same...

Ms Office [ 3 Answers ]

Hi when I try to open a word file its taking a long time for it to open as it says its scanning for virus.. its taking almost 2 minutes for a file to open. It happens with the smallest size of word document

Xp Office [ 5 Answers ]

I have an Me Operating system and I`m trying to install the Microsoft Xp Office. It is installed successfully but as I reboot the installation is lost.When I click on the shortcut for either Word,exel or Powerpoint ,I always get the massage `This action only valid for products that are currently...

View more questions Search