Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cewt500 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Hair Color Gone Bad
    I've recently dyed my hair darker, like WAY too dark. It's black. And my friend did it, and didn't do a very good job. There are blotches ALL OVER. My problem is so simple, I've dyed it 2 times in less then 2 months [ I think ] and I NEED to get this color out. My stepdad put bakingsoda in it to remove some of the access stuff the day after I dyed it, and a lot came out, but it's still really dark. And today he is supposedly getting me some haircolor removel stuff and I'm going to try it, but what I'm super scared and worried about is if my hair will fall out or not. I'm really in desperate need of help/advice so, please please please help! Thanks so much.
    Jambo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Do NOT use any of the color removers out there; you'll end up with orange, brassy and fried hair. I've found that the best remedy is to mix in a 50/50 measurement 20 volume cream developer with shampoo. Knead it through the hair and leave it on for 10 minutes; then wash and heavilly condition. You can repeat this several times. The dish soap and clarifying shampoo remedies don't work at all. I've heard that what is guaranteed to work is to mix 1/3 bleach with 1/2 developer and 1/4 shampoo. I've never tried it as it's tricky, and you have to get it out at just the right time before it bleaches to orange. Ive been through exactly what you're going through, and the developer and shampoo mixture worked for me. It wasn't perfect, it was still a bit too dark,but, it also wasn't brassy and didn't damage my hair. Hope this helps.
    Tabi Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Jan 23, 2007, 04:27 PM
    I would suggest going to a professional to fix your hair. I wouldn't attempt it myself.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 24, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Permanent black hair dye is the hardest to remove. The only way to remove black hair dye is to have the color chemically stripped. A hair color remover will not completely strip away the color. You will need to pre-lighten your hair with bleach (hydrogen peroxide) and then deposit the color you desire. Keep in mind that this process is difficult and should only be attempted by a professional. If you can't go to the salon, ask someone who has experience in hair coloring to help you.
    Notalone Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2007, 10:37 PM
    It is so nice to know that I am not alone... I have read most of the hair coloring problems and frankly a salon is NOT the answer... I once again for the 5th time tried a "PROFESSIONAL SALON" only to come out again with the WRONG color... I am sitting here with fair skin and blue eyes and my hair is almost black... and when I called the salon of course they said I was wrong that the color is brown... funny all my friends and strangers said it looks BLACK... I want to thank everyone on here for the helpful info... but it seems to me the only safe way to live with hair that is colored to dark is to wait for the long long long process of letting your hair grow out... I am so sad but thankful to know I am not alone... it is so hard to look in the mirror... I am 47 and look like I got color out of a box and messed up... all the salon told me to do was wash it 3-4 times and see if it helps... so I just want to say I am not so sure about the salons doing a good job... I paid $350.00 for this!
    Jambo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 10:44 PM
    If you're going to ride the color out, the only thing you can do in the meantime is wear a darker makeup base or bronzer. The very fair skin/light eyes thing only seems to work when it's natural. The sunkissed look is a must if you're sticking with the black hair for a few months. At the very least, instead of looking like Morticia Adams, you'll look healthy and vibrant. Also, make sure the hair's very shiny. Nothing says FAKE more than dull, one color hair. Good luck... I admire your patience!
    Notalone Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Thank you Jambo... I agree with you... so now the next step make up! OH NO... I have never used make up... I am a very natural look... I have never needed make up... my skin is clear and even... I horse back ride, run, hike, kayak and cycle... I am always on the go and sometimes have to take two showers a day... LOLOL.. really... so this will also be a new thing for me to have to put some make-up on... I have always used #40 or higher sunscreen to keep my skin as healthy as possible... but I like your idea... maybe some tinted moisture cream will help... the hair does look dull... I am Morticia with Blue eyes...
    Blackcat Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Feb 5, 2007, 12:43 PM
    I would not use any type of color remover they will turn your hair orange or green, believe me I have tried! I would suggest from exp. To go to a pro! That way its over and done with and done the right way! They are paid to know how to deal with that sort of situation! I just used walmart's smart styles when I had my disaster! Hope that helped!

Brittany

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

How to remove BAD RED( purplish) hair color? [ 2 Answers ]

What a nightmare!! I let someone that is very close to me do my hair and it turned out PURPLE!! IT LOOKS PUNK! It is a mess... I don't want to hurt her feelings and I don't have the money to go to a salon to get it corrected- is there away to get this crao out of my hair ASAP?? :confused:

Fixing hair color on dark hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have caramel and ash brown highlights on black hair and wanted to touch up the roots myself... unfortunately, when I used a box of medium ash brown hair dye, it made my roots look a little reddish brown (very slight on the reddish). I also covered too much so it looks like the top of my head is...

Bad color job [ 1 Answers ]

I normally dye my hair Light Auburn by Loreal Preference, but decided to try something a little redder. (Garnier Nutrisse Pomegranate) I absolutely hate it, it's too dark and so unnatural looking. Applying my normal auburn over it did nothing to it. How can I get back the color I want before...

Bad Color [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: I used Wella Magma on my hair and I decided I no longer liked it. I was then told the only way to cover it up was go darker. I had used a red, I mean bright red color so, to cover it up I used a level 5 natural hair color and it came out so much darker then I had expected. I have tired to...

View more questions Search