Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ApoorvGoel Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 03:52 AM
    online doubt clearing?
    A non conducting ring of radius 0.5m carries a total charge of 1.11*(10 pow -10)C distributed non uniformly on its circumference producing an electric field Every where in space. The value of line integral (integration from l=1/0 to l=0)- Edl (l=0 being center of the ring) in volt is

1. +2
    2. -1
    3. -2
    4. 0
    (please give complete explanation)
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Apr 5, 2011, 06:04 PM
    ApoorvGoel, I'm having trouble understanding your limits of integration. Is the 1/0 a typo or is it some notation I'm not familiar with?

At any rate, the line integral of a static electric field will be equal to the potential difference from the beginning of the line to the end. Thus if you start and end at the same point, the answer will always be zero. If you start and end at different points, you can either compute the line integral directly or do like I said and find the difference in potential.
    ApoorvGoel Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 06:26 PM
    Comment on jcaron2's post
    1\0 means infinite
    And
    Please give your final choice with proper explanation
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Apr 5, 2011, 06:56 PM
    Aaah... 1/0. Got it. :)

So you just need to do as I said and compute the difference in potential from start (l=0) to finish (l=). The easy part is at infinity; the potential is always zero at infinity.

As for the potential at the center of the ring, I'll leave that up to you. We're here to HELP you with your homework, not do it for you. A simple Google search will reveal the formula, but it's not very hard to figure it out yourself. Just integrate kQ/r over the entire ring.
    subinbaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 11:48 PM
    Is there any address book software which is portable, without installation, I shoud carry in flash and should be open any time
    subinbaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 11:50 PM
    Is there any software for address book containing phone numbers, address, e-mail id, birthday reminder which is portable or to be save in flash
    976431 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2013, 09:10 AM
    Sir/Mam

I am in class 11th humanities. I have been given a project of history for "spanish conquest of america" so please if you know any of the movies or doucumentry, site, article etc regarding this topic please snd me the link.

I know its not amonst my subjects but I'm in need of help.
    976431 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2013, 09:10 AM
    Sir/Mam

I am in class 11th humanities. I have been given a project of history for "spanish conquest of america" so please if you know any of the movies or doucumentry, site, article etc regarding this topic please snd me the link.

I know its not amonst my subjects but I'm in need of help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Clearing the way for an aoption [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is {personal info removed} and have a question concerning my sons biological father signing his parental rights away. Am not sure how I am to go about doing this so was wondering if you had any advice on were to start. To fill you in a little bit I am engaged and planning a wedding...

Online doubt learing for physics [ 4 Answers ]

On of my relative has a child who faces a lot of problems. He studies in india and is in class 11th, that is he has crossed high shool. Can u please tell me a site's name that can have online experts who can clear his doubts??

Clearing immigration [ 2 Answers ]

I asked a previous question in regards to clearing immigration in UK with a US bench warrant. I did not get solid answer. My friend cleared immigration in the caribbean without any thing coming up so do any of you think he will be able to make it to the UK.

Clearing old data [ 4 Answers ]

When filling out forms for contests etc. My PC recalls previously entered email addresses when clicking in the email field. Is there a way to remove old or inaccurate email entries that drop down in the field. Xp home

View more questions Search