Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cooperland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 06:23 PM
    How can an aunt get visitation?
    I am the aunt of a two year old boy who I love more than my own life. His Grandparents, my parents, have recently gotten custody and because of a disagreement, they will no longer let me see him. I have been with him almost everyday since his birth until recently and would like to know how I can get visitation rights.
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Apr 4, 2011, 06:28 PM
    I'm not sure you have any legal rights once custody has been awarded. I think you should try to patch it up with your parents so you can be invited over there and try to work your way back into the boy's life. Hopefully they'll want a babysitter soon so they can have a break or some time off, and you can be there. Good luck!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 06:29 PM

Is it possible to mend fences with your parents?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 07:43 PM

Normally no, aunts and uncles do not have rights to visit.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 4, 2011, 07:46 PM

I know of no place that extends legal visitation rights to aunts and uncles. So your best bet is mending fences.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 07:48 PM

They are aware you and the boy have spent all that time together ?
    What is the reasoning behind keeping you apart?

Are the lines of communication open at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an aunt get visitation or custody of her niece? [ 4 Answers ]

My niece stayed primarily with me the 1st year of her life. Due to childcare issues at the time I had the mother take her half the week. Mom has always collected welfare on the child. I have never asked for any money from mom for her support. She is now 4yrs old. She stays with me anywhere from...

Does an aunt have visitation rights at all in the state of Oregon? [ 6 Answers ]

I was awarded full custody of my daughter in 2007. She is now four and a half and we have a happy life together. Her father is not in the picture currently. She has had a relationship with her father's sister for the last year and a half and now that I just told her that she couldn't see her one...

What can I do for visitation rights as an aunt? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! My name is Lizeth, I am 21 years old. And I have a 2 year old son. Married, and going to college. I wanted to know what can I do for visitation rights as an aunt? Ever since my niece was born (I was at the time living with my mother and in high school) My brother and his girlfriend would leave...

Can an AUNT get visitation? [ 4 Answers ]

Can an aunt get visitation when she is banned from seeing her niece and nephew? This has taken place by the mother of the children. The father of children is my brother!! Also, I live in Indiana, have been married for 20 years, have a 19 year old daughter and a 23 year old son.

Can an aunt fight for visitation [ 1 Answers ]

My brother had kids with my ex best friend. Their relationship was very abusive and I was always the one who tried to bring sense to my friend and tell her to end the relationship for her kids. That never worked so I had to resort to calling child protective. My niece and nephew were always with...

View more questions Search