Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisansnoop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 01:41 PM
    Can an employer in ca. schedule employee for only 4 hrs a week?
    Can an employer in ca. schedule employee for only 4 hrs a week?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 4, 2011, 02:12 PM

Sure, why not? As a part time employee your hours are going to be set at the whim of your boss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an employer divulge personal employee information to a non employee? [ 14 Answers ]

I was hurt at work and have been off for 6 weeks due to my injury. My question is, can my employer tell a friend of his that I have been off work and hurt, and missing a lot of work?

My employer considers me salary on a 50 hour work week and pays me a rate of 700 week [ 1 Answers ]

My employer considers me on a 50 hour salary ,paying 700.00 weekly ,but if I only work 48 or anything less than 50 hours a week they pay me only straight time ,what I'm saying is that if I work 45 hours they pay me 45 hours straight time ,I'm just wondering if that is legal

Severe upper gastric pain under breast bone lasting 8-12 hrs about every other week. [ 3 Answers ]

Gastric bypass & gall bladder removed 2004. Take Prevacid for reflux. Often get muscle spasms in stomach when I bend over. Terrible pain can start when lying down or just any time. Severe pain just under my breast bone, lasting for 8-12 hours, about every other week. Sometimes throw up (only...

Pay schedule for employee that is terminating [ 1 Answers ]

When a salaried employee who is paid semi-monthly quits in the first week of the two week pay period, would they still be paid for two weeks or just up to the day they quit?

Hourly employee, paid on an salaried pay schedule [ 1 Answers ]

I am an hourly paid employee, that is paid on the 1st, and 15th of each month. Each two week pay period I receive 80 hours regular pay. When I do the math, I come up with 1920 hours a year, when actually I am working 2080. I tell my boss that the current paydays (1st, and 15th) is for salaried...

View more questions Search