Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lacebm2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Dimmer
    I have an exsisting 3way circuit for a lite fixture. I want to put a dimmer switch in to replace one of the switches. Can I do this with out any particular problem?
    TOOL_5150 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 03:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lacebm2
    I have an exsisting 3way circuit for a lite fixture. I want to put a dimmer switch in to replace one of the switches. Can I do this with out any particular problem?
    You can buy a 3 way dimmer at any hardware store and should be wired the same as the switch you take out. You can only use one dimmer in a 3 way circuit, so you need to pick which switch would be the best for your purpose.

~TOOL_5150

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dimmer switch hot [ 4 Answers ]

We recently changed over fluorescent lighting to track lighting with a dimmer switch. Recently I noticed that there was a bit of a blue spark when we turned the switch off and the switch itself was warm. What would the problem here be?:confused:

Dimmer switch is rinning [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed two dimmer switches on two different lights and both are single pole. Now I have a high frequency ring tone when the switch is set on a low setting. The switches can be used for single or three way. Any suggestions other turn up the stereo? hoff179

Dimmer buzzing [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know why wall dimmers for incandescent lights buzz? I have had some that buzz and some that don't. If the light buzzes, changing the dimmer doesn't seem to help. The buzz is very annoying!

Dimmer Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a set of four standard toggle switches next to each other all controlling different lights within the house. I want to replace one of those toggle switchs with a dimmer for one of the lights. I just wanted to maker sure that putting a dimmer switch in between the other toggle switches...

Fluorescent dimmer [ 1 Answers ]

I've heard that dimmer switches should not be used with fluorescent lights (kitchen). True or not? I haven't found anything in the books that I have. Are there dimmer switches made just for fluorescents? Thanks for the help. Jersey

View more questions Search