Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeskosa Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2011, 01:59 AM
    EtG detection after 80 hrs
    9 servings of alcohol 10 pm Saturday night to 2am Sunday. Will there be EtG after 80 hrs.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2011, 09:48 AM

Considering the amount consumed and rate of consumption it would be unusual for EtG to be present after 80 hrs*... but could be close (60-78) hrs.

People produce EtG at different rates (genetic) and individual variance in metabolism. Therefore, application to an individual is hit-and-miss. As example a 2005 test involved subjects consuming 8.9 drinks, This study used measured alcohol doses and a positive cut-off of 100 ng/ml. In the first 24 h after drinking, all EtG tests were positive. After 54.3 h, 77% of the test results were positive; while after 78.5 h, only 18% of the test results were positive. All fell to "0" at 102 hrs. Like all past research this study used a very small group (17) and subjects were all Male. See Borucki, etal 2005

What this and similar controlled dose studies demonstrates is that the detection of EtG is unpredictable across time (in this case ranging from 36-102 hrs) even though individuals matched for age and physical condition consumed an equal amount of alcohol.

*BAC = 0, following ethanol elimination, not last drink.
    jeskosa Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2011, 03:21 AM
    Thank you for your answer. It would have been 140 hrs after ethanol was metabolized. Sunday 2pm to the next Saturday at 10am in the morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When does the 80 hour detection period for EtG begin? [ 22 Answers ]

I am wondering if the 80 hour window begins after the last drink or not until bac level is back to 0 which could be hours and hours after the last drink.

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

Has anyone failed the EtG test after 80 hrs [ 2 Answers ]

I see a lot of questions about EtG but never any follow up. So, has anyone ever taken an EtG test and failed when they thought they were in the clear of the 80 hours. My last drink would be 96 hours prior to the test, but I have heard that they can detect up to 5 days??

Determine factory overhead application rates-direct labor, direct lobor hrs, mach hrs [ 0 Answers ]

Need to figure factory overhead using direct labor cost method, direct labor hours method, machine hours method. Info: Direct labor cost - $432,000 Direct labor hours - 90,000 Machine hours - 120,000 Manufacturing costs: Direct materials - $180,000 Direct labor - 540,000

Outside 20 hrs but 1099 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international student and I worked for univ for 20hrs a week 9 which I was allowed) and also did some research work for a prof in the same univ for which I was paid . He has sent me a 1099-MISC form. THe thing is I am filing for returns on the W-2 I got from the univ library (...

View more questions Search