Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ildfanmw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 03:02 PM
    Sex
    Okay, so I was wondering. Is it wrong to like self pleasure? Jesus says you shouldn't do it till your married. But what if you have a long distance relationship or your bf/gf's gone for awhile. Is it wrong to self pleasure? Is it a sin? Should a person just wait till there married &not self pleasure or what?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2011, 06:53 PM

Personally, I have no problem with it. It's always good to know about your body and how it works, and self-pleasuring is a lot safer than going out with strangers.

There is nothing in the Commandments about this, and that's the definitive guide to how we are supposed to live.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2011, 07:18 PM

I've always felt that there's a big difference between self pleasuring and sex or sexual conduct.

I agree with eileen, not only is it normal and natural to self pleasure, it's also good to know your own body and you won't risk stds or any of the other stresses that come with sex.
    summer_girl Posts: 146, Reputation: 48

Apr 1, 2011, 01:28 PM
    I think it's normal, natural, and healthy.

There isn't anything in the Bible that says it's a sin, but there is one passage (look up Onan to learn more) which describes a man "spilling his seed upon the ground", i.e. masturbating. I think many people through the years have used that one passage to condemn it. It says nothing about women doing it, though.

Some church doctrines may forbid it as a means of ensuring that all sexual behavior of any time stays entirely in marriage. I think it's an enticement to marry early for the sake of having a sexual outlet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Had sex on 13th had cycle on 14th had sex on 19th which date did I conceive [ 2 Answers ]

Had sex on 13th had cycle on 14th had sex on 19th with 2 different guys bouth unprotected so which date did I conceive

My date speaks outloud over sex his sex fantasies of three-way sex [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there, I have been dating this guy not for long time now. From the beginning while we were having sex he mentioned his sexual fantasies to me. He wanted to have another women joining us. I asked me why not him with two other women not me being involved. Anyhow, a few days ago he mentioned...

View more questions Search