Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keveenaanderson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 09:03 AM
    Teen dating
    Can a 12 yearold & a 17 teen year old date ?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2011, 09:29 AM

No. The difference is too big for any sort of reasonable relationship. Come back in ten years time and it might be possible.
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

Mar 14, 2011, 04:54 PM
    The legality of it depends upon the state you live in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 06:10 PM

No, and no parent of a 12 year old would ( or should if they are a good parent) even allow it.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 08:28 PM

A 17 yr old with romantic interest in a 12 yr old.

Suspect behavior is the best thing I would call it as I

Fired a warning shot... or two in at or over the head...

Which one is it? Oh... ya... over.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 15, 2011, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by godsbabygirl267 View Post
    The legality of it depends upon the state you live in.
    This is actually incorrect. There are no laws that govern dating. Any laws covering the relationships between minors or an adult and a minor involve sexual activity. It would be illegal in almost anywhere in the world for you two to have sex, but not illegal to date.

But, it would be WRONG for you to date. If you are 12 you are too young to date one on one. You are still a child in many ways. Even hanging out with boys in that age range is a warning sign. You can starting hanging in groups closer to your own age and, in another couple of years, start dating one on one but closer to your own age.

But the bottom line here is what your parents say. If your parents do not allow you to date or date this person, then he could get in legal for trouble for parental interference.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen Dating girl dating younger boy? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old girl turning 16 in September and I'm in year 10. This boy who I think is reallly cute asked me out the only problem is I found out that he is turning 14 and in year 7! Would it be wrong if I Went out with him considering there is a 2 yr age difference?? :confused:

Teen Dating: She likes him to [ 1 Answers ]

I really like this guy only my friend *Leah likes him to. She doesn't just like him. She practically drools whenever he walks by. One time when my other friend *Tina said she like him and leah got so mad. She started to call Tina a b*tch and she said that it was so unfair because she liked him...

Teen Dating [ 4 Answers ]

[/FONT My sister set this up for me she said it has helped her a lot. I am in high school, my age is irrelevant (I am not a freshman) any way I am in love. I have loved the guy for a year now and we have a lot in common but I think he has a problem. He seems to be addicted to sex. He wants to do...

Teen Dating? [ 10 Answers ]

I was wanting to know who you people think should pay for dates. The teen girl or teen guy or would it be best to split the cost ?

Question about teen dating? Who should pay for dates? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wanting to know who you people think should pay for dates. The teen girl or teen guy or would it be best to split the cost ?

View more questions Search