Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Mar 14, 2011, 08:03 AM
    My life is failing.
    I recently broke up with an abusive boyfriend (See my last question). I'm back with my dad now. More miserable than ever. EVERYTHING is going wrong. I'm going through the heartbreak too, which doesn't help.

Having to put up with things NOBODY should. There's someone in this house that's vile (Long story), like a middle-aged bully. I try to talk to my dad, but he says I'm as bad as her. I do nothing to her. I feel really sick as I type this, and I'm trying to keep calm. He's downstairs texting me that I need to get a job. I said I'm waiting for the call back (A friend reeferred me for a job and the manager is calling me for a trial this week). He replied 'you're supposed to apply for loads of jobs, there's loads online. It's YOUR fault you dropped out of college with no qualifications." - I wasn unable to reply to that. It's making me feel crap as I've hit a wall. I left college and my hometown to LIVE with the abusive ex, with whom I saw a future (and job). Not because I was lazy. I felt it was the right decision.

I'm stuck. I can't get a job. I need to pay my dads bills. I can't. Nobody seems to want me, even though I DO have some qualifications, and a pretty good cv.

Also, I'm just so unhappy here. For years I've tried to talk to my dad but it gets turned around to 'i should be doing whatever I can to help HIM'.

I'm not even sure this is making sense. It's all so complicated. I don't really have other family to go to. I have friends, but they're all coming to ME for help, unable to be the other way round.
    FrankenFraud Posts: 19, Reputation: 10

Mar 17, 2011, 09:18 AM
    I am a strong believer of individuality & self preservation. With that said, & going solely on what you've told us & having not heard both sides of the situations, here's my answer. 1) Forget Ms. middle age bully down the hall. Sounds like she can't handle you having a live-in girlfriend & it get's her granny panties in a big knot. Ignore her & if she insists on harassing you, call the cops on her sorry butt. If need be, video tape her harassing you. I have the hick from Hell living next door to me, so if you want we can swap horror stories sometime-LOL. 2) Forget daddy & his bills. Get a job ASAP (I know out in California that's going to be a real ***** to do but.. ). Then Move out ASAP. Sorry if this next part sounds harsh & insensitive but.. Worrying, crying & fretting about your situation accomplishes nothing. Be pro-active. It's also time to see how much your friends are truly your friends. Reach out to some of them for help (you know the song "Lean On me, when you're not strong, & I'll be there to help you carry on.."). Good luck!

One last thing (going again on the premise that all you said is legitimate), don't go back to your abusive ex-boyfriend. That's NOT one step forward, that's two giant steps BACKWARDS.

Mar 17, 2011, 12:10 PM
    Comment on FrankenFraud's post
    Thanks for your advice!

I'm actually English, my Username refers to a song by Red Hot Chili Peppers :)
    FrankenFraud Posts: 19, Reputation: 10

Mar 17, 2011, 09:37 PM
    @DaniCalifornia
    D'OH! My bad. Didn't know you were from Jolly old England. And I not a big follower of The Red Hot Chili Peppers even though I like a few of their songs. I am more of an Alice Cooper & Judas Priest fan myself. But hey no problem glad I could help. Let me/us know how it all works out. Cheers!

Mar 18, 2011, 04:12 AM
    Hehe, it's okay. Will do.

+Positive
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 20, 2011, 03:37 PM

Out of hard times come the greatest success, so hang in there and give this your best shot. You have survived worse, and you will survive this too, so don't let anyone get you down.

Mar 21, 2011, 04:06 AM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Thank you! I'm in such a rut though. My dad says if I don't have a full time job by the 1st April I'm gone. Where am I expected to go! I've applied everywhere, he doesn't seem to understand patience is needed for them all to reply! It's giving me serious stress.

All this, but still the stress of having this lady here! She's middle aged, an being treated like my sister. He said "I've told the same to her!"... When... I'm his only child. I'd have thought I'd be the priority, whether I'm 7, 19 or 52!

I'm also starving. I have no money for food. I'm worried what to do next.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Failing ua [ 1 Answers ]

Well this is about my brother violating his probation he has been out for two months and every pee test was good except for fridays this past Friday so now he is jail and worried about him I just want to know how much time he will do ? Can someone please help

My PC is failing [ 1 Answers ]

I have XP on 160HD - IE7 etc. This just started today after months and years problem free. Cannot head towards (My Computer).. it freezes. Will not display my Pindrive or contents. Does not open as before when I stuck it in the USB. What could possibly be the problem?

Relationship Failing... [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for nearly 3 years I'm 19, second year at university and living at home. She's 18, first year at university and living away. --- Since she went away to uni in September we can only manage to see each other every 5/6 weeks for a few days, and then 1/2 weeks...

Failing corporation [ 1 Answers ]

How to realign individuals tasks and functions in a failing corporation? How to manage the transition from old failing organizational structure to new ones? How to enforce the new policy immediately after the changes?

Failing to Appear [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I'm 16 years old and I live in canada,I ben charged with theft under 5000 , anyway I forgot to take my fingerprints at the station due to my grandpa's death. Am I going to be arrested and ever since I got caught the store said they will mail me a letter with the fine, how I have not received a...

View more questions Search