Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    G_star Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 11:44 AM
    I don't think I love my girlfriend anymore
    I'm an 18 year old male I've been with my girlfriend for 11 months now and we've been through a lot together she left her parents and home country to live with me abroad we met when she was on holiday where I live and we fell for each other when she left I missed her so much we spoke every day on the internet until she came back to be with me. We moved in together straight away everything was going so well the ocasionl fight here and there over silly little things, and for the past week now I've been feeling like she's holding me back from something but I don't know what.now I've thought I might just want to be single and go out enjoy myself and not been tied down. I really don't know what to do. Please help.
    jmooney527 Posts: 200, Reputation: 83

Mar 10, 2011, 11:57 AM

I think you answered your own question. Break up! It does her and you no good to stay together.

You probably feel guilty because she has done so much to be with you, but hopefully she has established herself in some ways (her own friends, job, etc) that she can pick herself back up.

In the long run it will benefit you and her... you're both young, which is a good thing!
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Mar 10, 2011, 11:57 AM

If you're not in love with her anymore, don't string her along.

In my experience, once the thought of "this person is holding me back, maybe I'd be better off single" enters the mind, it doesn't just go away. You need to talk to her and tell her that you two aren't going to work out.

Maybe it will be a good lesson for both of you not to move in too quickly, move to another country too quickly, etc. Best of luck!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2011, 12:20 PM
    Too much,too soon,crash and burn.
    Your eighteen and your feelings of wanting to be free and enjoy life are normal.

But you owe it to your girlfriend to be honest about your feelings.

I hope for her sake that she has supportive people around her,she moved countries to be with you and might have to start from scratch if you split up.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 10, 2011, 09:31 PM

Start talking to her honestly right now my friend, as she gave up a lot to be with you at YOUR request, so you owe her the truth. See what can be worked out, that benefits both you young dumb kids, playing adult games.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't love him anymore [ 12 Answers ]

I am currently living with my boyfriend, we have been together for 4 years, he has hurt me a few times, not physically, and is never there for me, I want to leave him , but I'm not sure if I love him or maybe I'm just used to him, and that makes it hard for me to leave him, and I'm afraid if I...

I don't know if I love my girlfriend of 4 years anymore? [ 7 Answers ]

Well I'm 20 years old, my girlfriend is 22 and we've been dating since we were in high school. Ive been with her 4 years but on and off, which actually is equal to about 2 years or so. All the time we were together we would always fight for stupid things and break up. I loved her a lot and I did...

Girlfriend states that she don't love me anymore [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I was dating with girlfriend for 1 year .A week before she said that she want to have a break(smth similar),because she only loves me like friend and nothing more.She is also very said about that.She says she wants freedom,because she had enough of that.I love her so much.What should I...

I don't know if I love my girlfriend of 4 years anymore? [ 3 Answers ]

Well I'm 20 years old, my girlfriend is 22 and we've been dating since we were in high school. Ive been with her 4 years but on and off, which actually is equal to about 2 years or so. All the time we were together we would always fight for stupid things and break up. I loved her allot and I did...

She don't love me anymore what do I do [ 16 Answers ]

OK well I'm 20 and my ex is 22. I lived with her for 2 years the past 4 months she keep telling me she didn't love me anymore and that she was depressed every time she was around me. This shook me up and made me think GOD I could lose this girl I bin bin for 2 years .and every day almost anything...

View more questions Search