Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marisa32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Clavamox dosage for nursing mother w/smelly stool
    I have a box of liquid clavamox and a houseful of cats with coccidia. Any advice on dosage? What about the 3 week old kittens, and the nursing mom who looks like she may drop dead from her extreme diahareah
    pennybot Posts: 57, Reputation: 18

Jan 19, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Was it the vet that give you the Clavamox?
    If so, it's strange they don't give you the dosage..

I just clicked on Google and from what popped up, it said Clavamox is 5-12 mg per pound. (10-25mg per kilo) 2-3 times a day oral. Im not an expert nor a vet so It's probably best to phone the vet and find out the dosage they intended.
    DrDave12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Clavamox is not for coccidia!!
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 12:47 AM

Little late to worry about it. The thread's almost 3 years old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nursing Cat with Loose Stool [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My cat, June, has three kittens of her own(four weeks old) and a foster kitten a week older than hers.  About a week ago she started having excessive gas and loose stools, and it hasn't improved.  I had given her moist cat food as a treat, and thought that was the problem, but it couldn't...

My puppy has loose stool [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8+ week old Jack Russell and she has been with us for about a week and a half. She is in goos shape and has already has her initial shots and worming. Today after coming home from the store I took her out and she had loose stool (very loose). I was wondering what might have caused this....

Stool Flange [ 2 Answers ]

I will be replacing rotted 1 x 6 sub flooring and underlayment under the stool. Have crawl space. Will be using 1/4 backer board over all surface and putting in new vinyl. Has been a very long time since I last removed a cast iron flange. Want to raise it to level of backer board. Seems it was...

My cat has loose stool [ 5 Answers ]

My cat had UTI and was given injections of antibiotics for 10 days. A month has gone by now and his stool is still lose and frequent. Would you tell me why?

Mother cat shaking while nursing newborn kittens [ 1 Answers ]

Our cat just gave birth to 2 kittens last night and is shaking while nursing them. She seems fine otherwise and is eating and drinking. Anyone know if this is normal behavior?

View more questions Search