Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maggieinla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2011, 10:29 AM
    What's love got to do with it?
    I am dating a man who calls me his girlfriend. However, he says he doesn't love me. Am I his girlfriend?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 11:12 AM

Have you asked him what he means when he says this? People define the word love differently and usually being in love is different then loving and lovingis different than caring for or passionately attracted to.

It's probably a preference thing and the only way is to communicate your concerns with him?

Does he treat you well? Like a g/f? Are you happy?

Sometimes the word "love" can cloud the best of relationships!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2011, 11:32 AM

How long are you dating?
    sam8988378 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2011, 11:40 AM
    It depends on what you want. Some people date people they like, expecting the relationship to grow into love. Other people date people they like because they enjoy the company, and prefer being half of a couple. They aren't looking for love, but for companionship. Others are closed off from love. They may be the walking wounded, or simply not emotionally available. They may even prefer to date someone with whom they will never fall in love. Can you tell which sounds like the man you are dating? Do you know his relationship history?

If you both want the same things in a relationship then your needs are being met. You could consider yourself his girlfriend. If you are looking for love, or a progression from like to love, there may be a problem. At some point in any relationship, you know whether you will ever love the person you are with. Painful as it might turn out, you owe it to yourself to talk with your man and find out if he is open to love, and if so, is it with you?

I know that it will be heartbreaking if his answer is no. But you only live for so long. If your time is taken up with Mr. Temporary, you may be missing the opportunity to meet Mr. Right. Don't settle. Life is tough, healthy relationships take commitment, commitment needs love.
    maggieinla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2011, 08:21 AM
    Comment on sam8988378's post
    Sam - thanks so much for your thoughtful answer. I do need to have this conversation with him and soon because I do love him and this one-way relationship is hurting me more than it's helping me. Maggieinla

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just want my girlfriend to love me again, I love her but she doesn't love me anymore [ 34 Answers ]

3 moths ago, I broke up with my girlfriend for no reason at all. And for the past 2 months she tried and tried to make me go back to her. But I didn't give her a chance. That was the biggest mistake in my life. And then as time passes, we just don't get along anymore, and I keep pushing her away...

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him [ 13 Answers ]

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him... Because of some misunderstanding and maybe he got bored.. I myself don't know the real reason ... but I still love him... how can I get him back...

Behind the scenes worker falls in love with a woman competing for a mans love [ 1 Answers ]

What movie is about how a woman competes to win the love of a bachelor on a TV show then falls in love with one of the workers?

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

View more questions Search