Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laura hamilton Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Has the pill affected me getting pregnant?
    Hello,

I have been trying to get pregnant for 6 months and have still had no luck.
    I came off the pill just before I started trying, could the effect of coming off the pill have anything to do with me not getting pregnant?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 19, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Welcome to AMHD Laura, I will try to help you understand what is going on.

In answer to your question, yes, it may very well be the reason you are not getting pregnant yet.

It depends on what strength pill you were on. The pill is a hormone, and over time this hormone probably buildt up in your body. While some women (me) get pregnant while on the pill, and others get pregnant right after coming off, it is not uncommon for it to take up to a year after stopping the pill to become pregnant.

Your body needs time to adjust back to its own natural hormones and rid your system of the hormonal effects of the pill.

If you have any concerns it is always best to seek the advice of your health care professional since s/he knows your history and can do a physical examination, where all we can do over the internet is give a sometimes educated guess.

I hope this helps.
    bergun1 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by laura hamilton
    Hello,

I have been trying to get pregnant for 6 months and have still had no luck.
    I came off the pill just before I started trying, could the effect of coming off the pill have anything to do with me not getting pregnant?
    It may take a year. It took me nine months after I stop taking BP. Your body needs to adjust to not taking a hormone. Work with your Gyne Dr as to when you should be a concern.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What ecosystem is affected by cars? [ 1 Answers ]

What ecosystem is affected by cars? ( can you also tell me where you got the info!) Thanks ;) p.s I REALLY need your help!

How can I not be affected by weight? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I am a 17 year old male who is obsessed by weight sexually. I really don't understand why I find it attractive but I find it scary that I have this fetish. I really want it to go away on its own but if there is anything I can do to help myself I want to try. Ever since 8th grade, I looked at...

Not affected by Untreated Water? [ 4 Answers ]

Why is it that animals seem to be able to drink untreated water but if we do it we become ill? Whole herds are described as healthy even though they drink this water. Wild carnivores do the same are are described as being in excellent health.

I just got off the pill, am I pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello,:) My husband and I recently decided to have a baby. I have been on the Pill for 5 years. I stopped taking the pill just before I got my last period Which was on Nov 7th. And I haven't a period since then, It has almost Been a month since I should have had it. I have taken 2 at...

On birth control pill.. But could I be pregnant.. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm on the birth control pill, and I have been for 4 months now, and most of the time, I take it. If I forget it, I avoid having sex with my boyfriend.. But I missed a pill rcently, and had sex the next day, but my boyfriend didn't ejaculate inside of me.. It's been about 4 days now.. and I...

View more questions Search