Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    repairman_red Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 07:36 AM
    Ford rear climate control
    I have a 2004 expedition and the rear climate control is clicking. The fan works well but cannot set temperature. Please help; thank you in advance.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 23, 2011, 08:15 AM

When and where does the "clicking" occur?
    When you state that you cannot set temperature, do you mean you can adjust the system but it isn't doing what your requesting,
    ~~or~~
    Do you mean that you cannot actually move the temp setting?
    Are there any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) from this system?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2011, 08:26 AM

Try performing an on-board diagnostic test of the system:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1999642
    repairman_red Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 01:41 PM
    Comment on CaptainRich's post
    When the key is in on position (not in acc) the clicking is coming from the passenger rear, from inside the plastic housing. Temp stat is setable but rear climate is non-responsive - only cold air. I don't know if any codes are appearing, I usually don't work on autos except my own brakes and oil change. Due to no work coming in I'm having to learn.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 24, 2011, 09:15 AM

Clicking inside the rear A/C housing usually means that a mode door or air blend door is binding.
    Remove that plastic housing and see if something is blocking the door movement or if the mode actuator is possibly stripped.
    If that isn't your case, you will need someone locally with the appropriate tools to scan the system and run tests to determine what is at fault.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota Sequoia Climate Control [ 1 Answers ]

Hello to all, You helped so much the first time, I thought I'd ask about my latest issue. When I set the climate control to cold, it blows ice cold air. When I increase it to 65 (one click higher than COLD), it blows very hot air. It seems to have no regulation of hot or cold. I'm...

Why would I lose the climate control in my honda accord overnight? [ 0 Answers ]

My 2000 accord's (EX 4 cylinder) climate control went dead overnight. I cannot get cold air to blow. I cannot direct the vents. None of the indicator lights come on when the vent directional buttons or A/C button is pressed. The blower motor is fine with all its settings intact. All this...

99 marquis climate control troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

My climate control on my 99 Mercury Marquis has fried, taking the clock and auto door locks with it. Is there a control module for the climate control ?

View more questions Search