Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lee12 Posts: 83, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 06:03 AM
    Air chamber(s) needed?
    Putting in a new bathroom as part of an addition. There is a toilet, shower and double sink vanity. It is all PEX. Everything comes out of a mannifold in one of the bathroom walls. Do I need to install air chambers anywhere? I was going to put one at the toilet but having trouble determining if they are still needed/recommended. If anyone needs more information I can supply it.

Thanks
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 06:44 AM

Hi Lee...

Almost finished, huh? Good for you!

I NEVER install air chambers, air hammer arrestors, etc. on a new job.

If you have hung everything properly then you should be all set with your work!

Good luck!

Mark
    lee12 Posts: 83, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 07:05 AM
    Thanks Mark - yea, it's getting there. I should probably dedicate it to you at this point! Will post some pictures eventually...

Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a copper air chamber used for? [ 4 Answers ]

What is a copper air chamber used for? Is it needed?

Falling object into a compressed air chamber. [ 1 Answers ]

Question: Could a free falling cylindrical tank pass down through a tube/gate mechanism into a compressed air chamber? Specifically: Would the force of the compressed air in the compressed air chamber stop the falling cylinder from passing through a gate mechanism into the compressed air chamber?...

Makeup air clarification needed [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there, I have my furnace and water heater in a closet in my home. My home is approx. 1000 sq. ft. and has a crawl space. There is a vent on the floor which is supposed to provide makeup air to the furnace and the water heater. The vent looks like a standard floor register and I think it is...

Air Chamber Plumbing Pipe [ 8 Answers ]

We have had Water hammer happening at our house. While remodeling our bathroom, we discovered that the previous owners had drilled a hole in the plumbing air chamber pipe to run electrical wire to a new light they had installed!:eek: We have removed the electrical wire from the pipe. So our...

View more questions Search