Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertj44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 08:42 PM
    My adult daughter has ended our relationship what do I do to get her back?
    We had a loving relationship when she was a child.now I can do nothing right. I went to her house to see her she told me I was not welcome. I did nothing wrong, she lied to attain a restraining order.I didn't fight it figuring she would forgive me. What do I do? I can't accuse her of lying, I am emotionally crushed she won't go to counseling with me. We are wasting more than a year of our lives. She is offering me no hope. What can I do?
    acker1382 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 08:57 PM
    The best thing I can say for you to do is to give her space... Let her come to you. If you push to hard she may pull further away..
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 14, 2011, 10:16 PM
    There must have been a reason, or reasons, for her applying for, and obtaining a restraining order against you.

Can you provide more information?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 14, 2011, 10:18 PM

You leave her alone to come to terms with her issues . It may take long time, so pay attention to your own life and the people that do love you.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2011, 09:25 AM

Robert,

Can you please advise what she stated to obtain a retraining order against you.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2011, 10:23 AM

I am sorry to say this, but people don't usually put out restraining orders for no reason. I don't want to seem rude but I am almost positive there is more to this story.
    I put a restraining order against my own father, and he still to this day says to people that he doesn't know what he did wrong and I must have lied to get a restraining order. The reason I got it was he hit my daughter hard enough to make her bleed and bruise. He shouted and demeaned and treated my daughter like crap. He thinks there is nothing wrong with that because that is how he raised me. And guess what, I hated my father all my life.

There is ALWAYS a reason. Please come back and elaborate
    robertj44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 10:58 PM
    I went to her house a year and a half ago. She drives a car that I maintain for her. No one wa home. Her window by her back door was broken. I went in the house through same window, repaired it. Left her a voice mail telling her what I had done. She was very upset about my crossing a more than physical boundary. It took her several months to forgive me. I left her line realizing she was very upset. We had a good Xmas, followed by several months of what I perceived to be healing. Five months ago I was literally in her neighborhood for business. I tested her that I would stop by is she was available we could go to lunch. I arrived at her house knocked got a text saying she was not home.

I left... then received an angry text saying I was not welcome in her home. A week or so later I was served with the order of protection. She claimed that I attempted to break in, I did not. When I went to the door it appeared that no one was home. Yet eye witnesses affirmed her story of attempting to break in. She also claimed thaty when living with me as a 17 year old that I threatened her with physical violence. We never raised a hand to our children raising them. I know there is a strong reason for her to lie. She is a well adjusted person doing quite well in her life. She's an excellent student, has a boy friend, is loved and respected by her friends and family including me. I am giving her space, of course am following OOP.

Hopefully some day we can both agree Ito family counseling, at this time she won't do the voluntary court appointed variety. I know there is something beneath the surface that is the root cause. I have been introspective and can think of several things going back in our history together. However I have no feedback and can only hope to some day have an opportunity to seek her forgiveness. I will be patient, it is very painful to have lost her. I haven't experienced grief like this since my farher died.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I repair my relationship with my adult daughter. [ 7 Answers ]

MY daughter who lived with me for 27 years and had a business with me for 10. (horse business) Before we split almost 2 years ago she had an affair with a married man and ended up pregnant. I helped raise her daughter for 2 1/2 years . She started dating a guy she met on the internet. Mean while...

Adult Alcoholic Depressed Daughter/Mother Relationship in trouble [ 5 Answers ]

I am so depressed. So sad. My adult daughter is not getting better or over her depression and alcoholism. She has a son whom I have, for all practical purposes, raising and I love him as though he was my own. It's been about 10 years now. It is wearing me down. My health is showing wear and...

My relationship has ended [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend since February. Things were going great. He came to my mums wedding, held my hand when I was in hospital recently and we moved in together 5 weeks ago. He's an only child and has lived away from home before now but is essentailly a mummys boy who does like to have his...

Relationship Issues with Adult Daughter [ 3 Answers ]

I am 55, have been happily married for 34 years. We have a daughter, age 27, who is a single mom with two beautiful children. Grand daughter, age 5, grandson, age 2. They are bi-racial, with different dads. Since our daughter was about 15, she has been very difficult to deal with. We keep...

Relationship w/Adult Daughter Shattered by Legal Will - was I wrong? [ 12 Answers ]

I am more heartbroken than I've ever been, and my husband is in the same condition. I have an adult daughter from a previous marriage that is now 39 years old. She is married and has 1 child, my only grandchild. My husband is my 2nd and we've been together for 15 years. Recently I had...

View more questions Search