Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miguelito3218 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 11:37 PM
    Can run cpvc through attic?
    Hi there. After some time off, I'm ready to continue on my bathroom project. I will be pulling water, hot and cold, from my attached garage. The bathroom is on the opposite side of the shared wall with the garage.

I want to run cpvc lines, straight up in the garage, then 90 over through a block wall to my wet wall. Is it OK to run it through the block? Or should just go over it through my attic?

These water lines will be passing over my electric panel box mains, which are housed in 2.5 pvc. Is this a problem? Thanks again for a great advice on this site!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 17, 2007, 07:28 AM
    When we repipe a house we are forced to run overhead in the attic on all interior wall fixtures and drop down to pick them up. There's nothing to prevent you from piping overhead in the attic. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copper vs CPVC [ 4 Answers ]

What are the positives and negatives in using cpvc instead of using copper except for price

CPVC vs copper [ 17 Answers ]

To me, CPVC sure seems easier. Just a simple glue process. Copper however, needs to be soldered. If I'm running water for a bathroom, why SHOULDN'T I use CPVC? Am I not allowed to put it enclosed in a wall? I have no experience with copper pipes, but having experience soldering electrical...

CPVC Couplings [ 7 Answers ]

I am looking for a cpvc coupling that does not have a stop. Perhaps my local Lowe's just does not stock it, but it seems like a pretty normal item? They do stock one with a stop, but not without. Well, I am a pretty novice plumber but have done a few DIY repairs around the house. Perhaps I...

CPVC manifold? [ 3 Answers ]

I've read that PEX manifolds can be used to reduce energy costs by reducing the amount of water that must be flushed from the lines each time hot water is requested. I prefer working with cpvc rather then PEX and I'm wondering if the same efficiency could be achieved by creating a cpvc manifold...

Cpvc [ 3 Answers ]

ortmanprop Newbie Join Date: Sep 2005 Posts: 0 Using CPVC -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HI,

View more questions Search