Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunshinechild69 Posts: 48, Reputation: 4

Feb 8, 2011, 08:47 AM
    How long will it take to see a change?
    I am an 18 year old female. I am 5'8'' and weigh 135lbs. I am not overweight or anything, but I would like to get toned up. I have designed my own daily exercise routine. * 200 sit-ups* 100 pike ups* 50 push-ups* 10 minutes jump roping* 50 dips* 100 plies for ballet
    ( 20 in each position) * Stretch
    I have a flat stomach and eat a pretty healthy diet and everything, but I want to get in better shape. How long do you think it will be before I start to see results if I do this every day?
    -Thank you
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2011, 08:51 AM

Me personally when I first started working out I waited two months to start checking on my progress. If you look everyday you will not see a change and possibly get discouraged and stop working out. Also you have to change your Routine up after a while or you will just be maintaining your shape not changing it.

Feb 8, 2011, 09:02 AM

I heard that you can start seeing tone in as little as 3 weeks. Is that possible?
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2011, 09:31 AM

Yes three weeks is very possible. If you do measure and weigh yourself and only see a little difference don't get discouraged just wait another 3 weeks and check again. Now after a few months if you don't change up your routine (like adding another 10 minutes to your cardio) you will stay the same. Plus doing the same routine gets to be boring.
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2011, 09:37 AM

Oh one more thing working out is all about quality not quantity. It's all about your form don't over work yourself if you can't do all 200 sit-ups don't force it or you are just going to end up hurting yourself.

Feb 8, 2011, 09:40 AM

I was planning on doing them in sets of 50 :)
    Akeginu Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Wow daily? Actually, you don't really need to work your abs that often to see changes. In fact, it may even be counter productive. Your abdominals are muscles. When you work out you are tearing the fibers in the muscle and then they need to rest. During a day of rest they recuperate and rebuild stronger and look bulkier.

Now, with that out the way. I also want to add that it doesn't matter if you're 135lbs.. the visibility of your abs depends on the amount of bodyfat percentage. You can be slim and have a high amount of body fat. I don't remember the right number but I think women have to be down to about 10% bodyfat to start seeing abs.

I think it would be fine to do less ab work. Maybe every other day... Honestly, you can do so much less and still get amazing results. The key is that you have to make sure that you are pushing yourself further each day in regards to intensity, and that you are using proper form. Try to add some weights to your ab workouts and really feel it. Then make sure you're getting enough protein in your diet to support building new muscle, and let it rest.

As far as time goes, like I said... it depends on your bodyfat %.. You can do a million situps daily, but if your bodyfat isn't right.. It won't show! The muscle will be there, but under a layer of fat. (Not calling you fat by the way, but people naturally hold fat).

Assuming your bodyfat is fine, and you're working out correctly.. It may take about 2 months to see any significant change. May be sooner.. Who knows.. every body is different! You change daily so I think you should just track your progress with pictures.

Goodluck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a pregnancy test change from sitting too long? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok. A month ago I took an EPT at my friends house and watched it for 3 min. and it wes negative. So I quit worrying... But I threw the test in her trash in her room... and apparently she doesn't change it often cause she called me last night to tell me I needed to take another test cause she saw...

How long is too long for a long distance relationship? [ 8 Answers ]

I am in LDR hell here, or so it seems.. before we were long distance, my boyfriend and I had been together for 3 months. It doesn't really seem that long but we were so close and I had the best time with him. So anyhow, he went off to Florida to start college in August this summer. At first,...

How long can I wait to get a title change for an undriveable car being restored? [ 1 Answers ]

We bought my grandson an old '67 chevy which he will get at graduation (2 years). It is not driveable so I haven't transferred the title or bought plates because it will not be driveable for two years. Is that going to be a problem? Is there a certain length of time that you have to transfer a...

What is 'change agent' or 'change maker' or 'change' in Sanskrit? [ 1 Answers ]

What is 'change agent' or 'change maker' or 'change' in Sanskrit?

View more questions Search