Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AJ360 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 07:17 PM
    Does she still have feelings for me?
    First off, I want to make clear that both my ex and I are in relationships with other people now; this is purely curiosity.

We broke up about a year ago due my immaturity of wanting to date around and play the field, I broke up with her. She had a rebound relationship right after(she admitted it to me when it ended) then went on to form a relationship with a new guy.

Ok, now to get to the point.

We hung out together the other night for hours talking about nothing in particular until she mentioned that she really missed me(we had no contact for a few months) and that she was glad we're friends. Further into the conversation we started talking about memories we shared and she comments how she was surprised I still remembered, and that she wouldn't trade what we had for anything. Later on, it led into about our break up. She got really quiet and seemingly down before mentioning that it was OK, and in the past now. We resumed our friendly talk for about 15 minutes before saying goodnight and heading our own ways.

I'm just wondering, it seemed an emotional night. Does she still have feelings for me? Is she OK?

I'm also wondering, she brought up her present boyfriend before talking about our memories. Does this mean anything at all?

She'll always have a place in my heart.

Thanks.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2011, 07:47 PM
    Sounds like you are rebounding. If you are so committed to your current girlfriend, why would you care?

Be more concerned with who you are with than your ex. This is in no way fair to your girlfriend.

Stop talking & hanging out with her. Leave her in the past. Then no more questions.

No need to ruin 2 current relationships.

AJ360 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 07:57 PM
    @ vanheart

A lot of people are friends with their exes. Just because we had a failed relationship doesn't make her pure evil. If you read what I said it was curiosity because I don't know what that means. It's in no way ruining anything. Just because I'm not completely heartless to my ex, doesn't mean I'm not faithful to my girlfriend.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2011, 08:15 PM
    You are absolutely right.

But your question was "Does she still have feelings for me?"

I ask, Why does it matter?

I'll bet that you have good friends & don't wonder if they have romantic feelings for you.

Don't cloud your head with exs.

If you really want her friendship, then wipe out all and any romantic notions. Not sure how your girlfriend would dig you being pals anyway.

You may find she's not that friend after all.

talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 10:18 PM

Does she still have feelings for me?
    Sure she does, friendly feelings.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 10:56 PM

She got really quiet and seemingly down before mentioning that it was OK, and in the past now.
    This is the part that sticks out to me. She said it's in the past. That says it all. She values the time you two had, but she's moved on, and now you're a friend, and only that.

Yes, exes can be friends. I'm friends with many of my exes. But, if you still have romantic feelings for her it's better for you that you steer clear of her. She's moved on. Have you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I Still Have Feelings For My Ex? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi guys. About two and a half years ago, I lived with my ex girlfriend. We had only been together a year or so before we decided to move in with each other, however the reasons were more circumstancial than anything else (I was living with her and her family already due to personal family...

About his feelings [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, We are talking for more than 1 year. We live in different countries. Last month I was about to go to his place but it was not possible and he knew about that. We wanted to meet this way. The other day something happened to me that made me very sad. I told him about that. He told me ,...

Does my ex have feelings for me when he is seeing someone else [ 7 Answers ]

My ex broke up with me about four weeks ago, we had dated for 18 months. He is in his mid 30's and I am in my mid 20's. I didn't think we'd speak again. There seemed to be no reason for the breakup other than that he was under a lot of stress at the time and couldn't handle. I am absolutely certain...

View more questions Search