Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessicamarie08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 04:13 PM
    My do lost a lot of weight want eat drinks water and has cold white gum what is wrong?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 04:27 PM

Jessica. Your dog is old, yes... probably from your description with the white gum is enemic. You had better take your pet to the vet.

Sorry

Tick
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 05:34 PM

Could be worms, could be worse, unfortunately we can't diagnose him online, you need to take him to the vet. In the mean time try and get the fluids into him one way or another, warm the water to body temp and try and keep him warm.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2011, 10:08 AM
    White gums is not a good sign..

Vet.. NOW!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 8, 2011, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky098 View Post
    White gums is not a good sign..

Vet.. NOW!
    Yes, in older dogs it is a sign of enemia. My Walker Hound had that problem before she passed away. She was taking two predisone a day to get her appetite up. Unfortunately, with all we did for her, it didn't work and her red blood cells never did increase significantly.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog hasn't eaten for 4 days but drinks a lot of water [ 10 Answers ]

My dog hasn't eaten for 4 days but drinks a lot of water. She is 8yrs old and I was able to get her to eat a little bit of boiled chicken yesterday and a few pieces of beef treats the day before but nothing substantial. I can't afford to take her to the vet because my husband is on unemployment...

5 year old english sringer spaniel ,will not eat hardley anything ,drinks a lot of what [ 12 Answers ]

5 year old engllish springer spaniel ,will not eat hardly anything ,drinks a lot of water ,peeing a lot vet has her on antibiotic twice a day

What is wrong with a dog that won't eat and is drinking a lot of water and losing a lot [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is not eating and is losing a lot of weight and drinking a lot of water. What could be wrong with him

I eat a lot but don't gain weight [ 2 Answers ]

I've been working out and trying to get bigger.. I don't want to use protein or anything like that.. I want to stay natural. I have a feeling that if I use protein or anything.. that my body will get dependent on the substance. I eat a lot.. and I don't gain anything at all.. I'm slim and I want...

Greyhound won't eat, drinks water only [ 2 Answers ]

My greyhound won't eat, has been to the vet on IV for 6 days. They cannot give me an answer. We have brought her home . She only drinks water. No interest in any type of food. Normal weight around 58lb. Down to 47lb. Don't know what else to do.

View more questions Search