Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jan 16, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Ok how do I make a green bean casserole?
    I want to make a green bean casserole, but I hate some of these recipes I have. They call for a ton of werid stuff. I want to make a good one, without too much cost and that's easy. Any recipe's?
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Ahhh yes the old fashioned green bean casserole made by grandma's all over the USA

1 bag french cut frozen green beans
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    (I put in a bit of cheese just a handfull)
    Mix it all together... put it in a baking dish

Bake for 20 minutes at 350...
    Take out of oven, sprinkle with French's fried onion bits.
    Place back in the oven... uncovered for 10 minutes.

Great stuff

Jan 16, 2007, 10:01 AM
    LOL yea yum yum yum... lol just couldn't figure it out, thanks. I'm willing to take any other recipe's as well people!
    candykitten70 Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Jan 16, 2007, 10:02 AM
    The simple inexpensive recipe is on the back of the Frenchs Onion Ring can. Turns out the best

Jan 16, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Oh really, huh didn't know that's cool.
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Jan 16, 2007, 03:39 PM
    If you don't want to use frozen beans, you can use two 14.5 oz cans of French cut beans. Drain the cans, mix them with 2/3 cup milk, one can (10.5 oz) cream of mushroom soup, 2/3 cup of French Fried Onions (dry, the most common brands are French's and Durkee) and a dash ( 1/8 -1/4 teaspoon, depending on how peppery you like things) black pepper. Some people add around 1/2 teaspoon of bacon bits as well, experiment with it if you'd like. Mix it all up, put it in a casserole dish and bake at 350 F for about half an hour. Remove it from the oven, put another 2/3 cup of French Fried Onions on top of the casserole and put it back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.

Pretty much the same as what Tuscany told you, just minor variations. It's pretty hard to screw up, so you can experiment with how you make it until you get it just the way you want it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I find cheap cigarettes? [ 6 Answers ]

There used to be a website where a person could buy cigarettes from an Indian reservation but I can't find it anymore. Where can I find the cheapest quality cigs?

Casserole recipies [ 14 Answers ]

Okay my cyber family, the crunch is on. Today I officially became a nursing student. I have been forewarned that this is going to be tough on my and the family. Especially where the kitchen is concerned. We were told in orientation today to take the rest of the summer and make casseroles that...

Cheap tickets [ 3 Answers ]

Do you know where I can find a cheap ticket from france to sacramento, California? All is just so expensive! :eek:

Easy, Cheap, yet tasty! [ 3 Answers ]

I am staying on my college campus over the summer with my boyfriend since we live far away from each other... He is very athletic and will be working out a lot to prepare for the football season. The school cafeteria will be shut down so I will have to prepare most of the meals. I'm planning on...

Cheap mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

What is your opinion on interest only mortgages? A person can get a $200,000 house for 1.5 to 2 percent! Their sell is that someone can invest the savings and have enough cash after 30-years to buy the house and have money to retire on... Thoughts? :eek:

View more questions Search