Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blumax7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 07:05 AM
    RV adapter cord on a truck
    I am taking delivery of a vendor truck with a 120V, 30 amp plug on the side for recharging 3 large batteries overnight. Will there be a problem if I use an RV adapter cord plugged into a 15 or 20 amp circuit?
    Sandstorm Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2011, 07:12 AM
    In my opinion to be safe you would need to use an ammeter to see how many amps it's pulling at full charge rate. They may have used the 30 amp plug for a reason!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 3, 2011, 07:35 AM

Chances are that if you have a 30 amp plug you should use a 30 amp cord. If the charging unit is on board the truck that, would be an extremely large unit. If the charging unit is not on board, the plug would be for connection to a 30 amp 12V battery charger.
    Probably should read owners manual.
    Are you sure that it is for charging the batteries. Why would you need to charge batteries on a vendor truck so often that you need that kind of connection. Are you sure that it is not a connection to an on board inverter and is for supplying external ac power?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change a3 prong cord to a 4 prong cord for an electric dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into a house that has a 4 prong outlet and my dryer has a 3 prong cord, how do I go about changing the cord. I called an electrician put the job is to small for them to come. My manual only has about the where to put the neutral and the grounding wire but does not explain which screw to put...

Using a Zydas 1211b USB adapter with a USB Extension cord. [ 12 Answers ]

I just bought a Zydas 1211B USB WiFi adapter,but it came with no cord.It works fine when plugged directly into my laptop,but when I plug it into a 5ft usb extension cord Windows recognizes it,but I can pick up no signals that I normally can.Occasionally Windows acts reluctant to recognize it,any...

Can I plug in a 2 prong cord into a 3 prong extension cord? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if I can safely plug in a 2-prong lamp cord into a 3-prong extension cord. Thanks.

Can I replace a 240v plug/cord with a 110v plug/cord on a KitchenAid Mixer (5KMP50)? [ 5 Answers ]

I have acquired a KitchenAid Heavy Duty 5-quart 10-speed Mixer model #5KPM50, which has a European-style 240v plug. I know there are converters available, but I want to replace the 240v plug with the standard 110v plug used in the USA. Can I replace just the plug or should I replace the plug and...

Truck/camper parked on my property owner won't pay rent can I take title to truck [ 3 Answers ]

I agreed to let friend park truck w camper on my property. After a few months I told him to move it off or pay rent. He moved it but a month later parked it there without a word . Called called person told him he had to pay rent to park on property. Its going on 4 months ,no payment .talked last...

View more questions Search