Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cavalry1st Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2003, 04:38 PM
    Taxes on SSA Disability Income
    Being 100% disabled for Social Security purposes, with no additional income, am I required to file annually with IRS? Wife did have income from 2002. Should we file jointly, listing my SSA Disability Income, or should she file Married, filing separately?

Thank you.
    kayakinggirl Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Sep 11, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Please check with a tax attorney-generally, the income is not taxable from SSD if it is under a certain amount.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Agree. If your wife's income from 2002 exceeds a set amount, the SSD can become taxable.

If you send me the amounts via email, I can do a quick check to see if income tax is owed.

If, for some reason, a refund was due for 2002, it is TOO LATE to claim the refund.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I file taxes when receiving disability? [ 24 Answers ]

I am a single mother receiving social security disability. Do I need to file a tax return?

Taxes for other income [ 1 Answers ]

One of my relatives, a green-card holder, provides babysitter for my 9-years-old son during this summer break. I have full-time job, while she does not work. I will pay her $2000 in total, and she helps me from 9am to 6pm every day. Do I need to file something related to taxes? For example 1099,...

Disability Income [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on workers compensation income since November 2004. I purchased a home in February 2005. I have no W2. My dependent is in private school and received 3 hundred toward her tuition for 2005-2006 school year. I have in the past used Turbo Tax. Am I required to file taxes on my...

Income taxes on inheritance [ 0 Answers ]

For Colorado and Federal Income taxes, do you have to report an inheritance and pay taxes on it?

View more questions Search