Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    question111 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 01:32 PM
    My neediness is pushing her away?
    Ok I had another post on her about my girlfriend asking for space and then a break up.
    For our 5 year 11 month relationship I treated her second most of the time. I wouldn't answer her calls, not because I didn't love her, but because I didn't feel like talking to her and I know I could call her whenever I wanted and she would answer. She would complain about something and I would say you don't like it? Break up with me. She said no I don't want to. I would then ask then why do you stay with me she say I have hope you will improve. I went out while she stayed in her home. I constantly accused her of cheating even though I knew she wasn't. Everything she said I analyzed and made her feel like a bad person even though she was a saint. Basically what made me act this way was her neediness and availability, it made it so easy for me to do what ever I wanted and I always knew she would be there.

Then everything changed.

One day she didn't answer my text message for a while and we always texted in the morning to say hi. So finally after 3 hours I got a message hi. I got pissed I said a few things in the message and then I told her I cheated on her last year to get her mad. I only said that to get her mad and I convinced her it was a lie. Usually when I say something like that she brushes it off and ignores it. This time I hurt her and she said I want to break up and I don't like you anymore. We fought and she apologized but I begged her and I almost cried when I was on the phone with her. This was the first time I begged her for forgiveness usually she says you cheated on me fine bye. I hang up and we don't call each other for a few hours. That time I begged I don't know why but I did. Now ever since then I have been asking her are you happy and how do you feel about us and questions like that. Now I I do one thing wrong she comes at me and say I don't like you and I beg again I can't help it now.

Now I am the needy one and she is treating me like crap. I want the relationship at an equilibrium but I think my neediness is making it hard for her to see how much she likes me, because that is exactly what happened to me. I constantly ask her does she love me and I constantly talk about marriage and I'm god damn pathetic I look like such a wimp. I used to be confident now I do everything she says and I can't see how she can possibly like me like this!! 11
    question111 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by question111
    Ok i had another post on her about my gf asking for space and then a break up.
    For our 5 year 11 month relationship i treated her second most of the time. I wouldn't answer her calls, not because i didn't love her, but because i didn't feel like talking to her and i know i could call her whenever i wanted and she would answer. She would complain about something and i would say you don't like it? break up with me. She said no i don't want to. I would then ask then why do you stay with me she say i have hope you will improve. I went out while she stayed in her home. I constantly accused her of cheating even though i knew she wasn't. Everything she said i analyzed and made her feel like a bad person even though she was a saint. Basically what made me act this way was her neediness and availability, it made it so easy for me to do what ever i wanted and i always knew she would be there.

Then everything changed.

One day she didn't answer my text message for a while and we always texted in the morning to say hi. So finally after 3 hours i got a message hi. I got pissed i said a few things in the message and then i told her i cheated on her last year to get her mad. I only said that to get her mad and i convinced her it was a lie. Usually when i say something like that she brushes it off and ignores it. This time i hurt her and she said i want to break up and i don't like you anymore. We fought and she apologized but i begged her and i almost cried when i was on the phone with her. This was the first time i begged her for forgiveness usually she says you cheated on me fine bye. I hang up and we don't call each other for a few hours. That time i begged i don't know why but i did. Now ever since then i have been asking her are you happy and how do you feel about us and questions like that. Now i i do one thing wrong she comes at me and say i don't like you and i beg again i can't help it now.

Now i am the needy one and she is treating me like crap. I want the relationship at an equilibrium but i think my neediness is making it hard for her to see how much she likes me, because that is exactly what happened to me. I constantly ask her does she love me and i constantly talk about marriage and i m god damn pathetic i look like such a wimp. I used to be confident now i do everything she says and i can't see how she can possibly like me like this!!!!11
    For instance before things swapped she would have to beg me to come to her house now I volunteer to go over there. Like today I asked her if I could pick her up from work. I am making this really easy for her I have to become less perdictable and more independent
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 02:51 PM
    3 hours is nothing. What's the matter with oyu.

You're getting gmad because she won't respond - be busy wit hother things in life and she won't matter as much.

You put too much importance she will run.

Hang with your friends - go to the gym. Work harder at work.

Go a couplde days without contact.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 03:29 PM
    You treated her pretty badly and now your mad because you treated her badly and she didn't go for the begging routine to get back in good graces. I don't know what you expect from her but I think you got what you deserved. Its up to you to stop the begging and whining.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2007, 04:03 PM
    I'm with Tal here. You got exactly what you deserved. I don't blame her for pulling the plug on you, and I don't feel one bit sorry for you. I hope you learn the right lesson from this experience: It's known as the Golden Rule--treat others as you would like to be treated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search