Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jd772g Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 04:31 PM
    Why won't my 2000 dodge dakota shift into overdrive?
    I have a 2000 dodge dakota sport 3.9L! I had a new engine put in the truck and when I got it back I noticed that one of vacuum lines that run into the valve cover had been broke off. I started smelling fuel very bad as if it was getting flooded and I started getting very bad gas mileage. I still can't figure out why it is like that my check engine light is on as well and it will not shift into overdrive. Runs at about 2200 or 2300 rpm all the time. Anyone have the answer for me
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2011, 05:24 PM

. Check for codes.

. Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 24, 2011, 10:47 PM

I would suggest fixing that broken line and also check all of your vacume lines for leaks as they do have a hand in controlling the transmission

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring diagram 2000 dodge dakota [ 2 Answers ]

Blinkers not working on a 2000 dodge dakota V-6. Already checked fuses, bulbs, and multi-function switch. Need wiring diagram of all lighting please and thank you.

2000 dodge dakota idling rough [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 dodge dakota r/t. A few months ago I started having problems keeping the truck running right after I started it. Sometimes driving with feet on gas and brake to keep it from stalling. Now, when I start it, have to keep foot on gas for close to 10 minutes,afterwards when it is...

2000 Dodge Dakota Overdrive [ 6 Answers ]

This morning my 2000 dakota (2wd, 4.9L) suddenly jerked as I was traveling down the highway @ 50mph. It happened once more about 10 seconds later. Thinking I had a slug of bad fuel, I ran it up to 75 quickly, hen backed off. As I decelerated to 55, it jerked once more and the yellow "check engine"...

2000 Dodge Dakota [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota . The High beam lights work as well as the indicator also the daytime running/ fog lights work but I have no LOW BEAM lights. Anyone have an idea about the wiring diagram or relays. Thanks... Rick...

View more questions Search