Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nayshia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 07:16 PM
    Abortion
    I am 18weeks pregnant right now and married. I am having mixed feelings about having this baby. On one hand I am extremely thrilled but then on other hand I am already feeling regret like I shouldn't because I have doubts about my husband's faithfulness. My gut is telling me that I shouldn't have this baby but my heart wants it. What should I do? Should I have it or not? I know that an abortion has its risk, but I need help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2011, 07:20 PM

You don't have or don't have a baby based on if a husband is faithful or not. You decide to stay or divorce them on that, or to have or not to have sex that causes a baby.

Perhaps you need to deal with the husband issues
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:04 PM

This is a first, but I agree with Fr_Chuck. To contemplate abortion because your husband may or may not be cheating, and having mixed feelings on whether your should keep your child indicates an emotional reaction, not a lucid thought. And something as serious as a abortion requires clear thinking.

Clear your head so you thinking straight, and approach your husband and talk to him about your feelings. This is what you need to be dealing with at the current moment.
    crazychick56 Posts: 105, Reputation: 8

Jan 21, 2011, 09:47 PM

Abortion should, in 99.99%, never be an option. It's not that baby's fault that you got pregnant right? So don't punish it. You have doubt about your husbands faithfulness? Well it's not that poor child's fault either, so you shouldn't have thoughts about ending it's life even before it could live it because of some insecurities you have.
    If you think you are totally and uncaple totally and completle unable to take care of that baby, or you think it's not the right choice or whatever, adoption can sometimes be another choice to choose. Although, that kind of is an opinion choice. Some prefer it, some don't.
    But either way, there has to be another way, whether your afraid the husband will be there or not, to make sure that baby can live a life it deserves to live. Hope you can work things out.

-Crazychick-
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 22, 2011, 07:28 AM

Get a referral from your doctor for some prenatal counseling, to get some guidance and help from professionals who deal with this issue everyday. Your marriage is one issue, your health and future entirely different, and stress and confusion do not make for good decisions , so seek help in getting facts from those that have them regarding your own health first, and deal with the marriage issues second.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2011, 07:53 AM

Would having an abortion change your concerns about your husband's possible infidelity? Of course not.

Are you concerned about having a baby and your marriage not working out? Many, many women have children on their own... sometimes by choice, sometimes not.

As was said, they are two different issues and you need to address your concerns with your husband.

Abortion has its place, but in my opinion, if your heart is telling you to have this baby, and you are thrilled at the prospect of being a mother, have this baby.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 22, 2011, 11:00 PM

Let's also look at the fact that in most places an abortion cannot take place past the 12th week of pregnancy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Abortion [ 1 Answers ]

Several days ago, as I was in the middle of a very important review session for my upcoming law school entrance exam, I received a text from my girlfriend to call her as soon as I could, saying "I really think I might be pregnant." Obviously, nobody wants to get that kind of message, but I called...

About abortion [ 6 Answers ]

Can someone tell me when the latest you can get an abortion in HALIFAX! Please I need all the help!! Thanks ANYONE WHO LIVES IN HALIFAX CAN U PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE!!

After the abortion [ 4 Answers ]

I had an abortion about 2 weeks ago. I was told by my medical provider to not have sex for 3 WHOLE WEEKS! I understand that my body has to heal, but unfortunately my man and I had sex within 6 days. Right after making love I began to bleed. Since then I have been bleeding very lightly but...

Abortion [ 1 Answers ]

Abortion I have a an abortion on the 29th of sept. I was fine after the abortion I had little to no bleeding.. on the days following the surgery . Now 9 week after the procedure I still have not had my period. I am having cramps which I thought where periods but still no periods. I am not...

View more questions Search