Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mumu1978 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 04:20 AM
    Pregnancy test still positive
    I got an abortion surgery(aspiration)on 30th of november(I was 6 weeks pregnant).After 2-3 weeks I got my check up and the doctor said I wasn't pregnant anymore.On January 7th I got my period.I feel good and I don't feel pregnant but yesterday I tried a home test and it's still positive.The line was very light.A new pregnancy is impossible(after the abortion I never had sex and I don't have any pregnancy simptoms.So,why the test is still positive after 50 days?should I go to a doctor(because of a incomplete abortion)or the hormones are taking long time to go away?thanks
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2011, 03:31 PM

It would be unusual for it to still be showing positive after an abortion at 6 weeks.

I would try another test, following the directions exactly... especially in regard as to when to read the test. If you read it after the time stated (most state to read results in the first few minutes) you can sometimes get what appears to be a faint positive. Reading it after that time would make the result invalid.

If you still feel it is showing a positive, time to see your doctor about it.
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Jan 20, 2011, 07:53 PM

Try one of the pregnant not pregnant digital test and if it still say pregnant I would see a doc

Jan 21, 2011, 03:56 AM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    I tried another test today.I waited 3 minutes and then I read it.the line was very light but still there.I talked with a doctor last week but he said I got my period so I'm not pregnant.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 04:18 AM

If you are still unsure, I'd do what stormey suggested and get something like Clear Blue Easy that will show an actual "pregnant" or "not pregnant" instead of the lines.

Are you taking any medication by chance? There are a few that may also bring up a faint positive on a pregnancy test.

Jan 21, 2011, 04:23 AM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    No,I'm not taking any medication.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

False Positive Pregnancy Test [ 7 Answers ]

I was wanting some sympathy I went to the doctor last Thursdayto have some blood work done since I had not started my period. They took a urine pregnancy test & there WAS a really faint line - which suggested that I was pregnant. I was SOOOOO excited! I was really surprised because I didn't really...

Positive pregnancy test, now nothing, is it a miscarriage? Or a chemical pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

I took 5 pregnancy tests and they came out positive. A few days later, my period started for two days, then it stopped for two, then it came back for four days. I went to Planned Parenthood but they told me if I got my period then there was no need for a pregnancy test. That was a few weeks ago,...

38th day of pregnancy and I got positive in my test [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my husband had sex on my 37th day of pregnancy.then next morning I got one drop of spotting during urination any problem

Positive pregnancy test and due for my period soon [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there I'm due for my period soon but I'm feeling sick a lot and my stomach feels like its bloated and I did 2 home pregnancy tests and they have came back positive and I have some back pain could I be pregnant

Is this a positive or negative pregnancy test? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is stephanie I'm 18 years old as some of you guys already know me, but I took a pregnancy test a couple days ago in the morning and on the oval shape on the right there's a vertical line going down which means the test is working and on the circle shape on the left there's a dark line...

View more questions Search