Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philwest Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 06:51 AM
    Briggs & stratton starter motor cog removal
    Is it possible to remove the plastic cog without removing the starter motor from the Vanguard Briggs & Stratton engine as previous posts suggest it is difficult to remove starter motor.

Thanks
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Feb 4, 2011, 12:02 PM

Personally I don't find removing the starter on a Briggs verticle shaft engine difficult at all. If this is a riding mower engine, there are only two mounting bolts bolting the starter to the block and one nut holding the cable on. You may also have two small screws holding the plastic cover on that covers the starter gear. But, you'd have to remove that anyway.

Removing the gear can be tricky. But with the starter off it is much easier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5hp briggs and stratton tiller motor need model # or replacement motor [ 3 Answers ]

I have an earthquake tiller model 5020 with a 5hp briggs and stratton motor that I need to replace but I can not find the model of the motor. Does anyone know which motor replaces that motor or do you know the model number of the motor that was used on that tiller?

Briggs & stratton 276012 starter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12.0 hp ic ohv 276012 5Bsxs.3442vm briggs and stratton engine on a logsplitter that is maiming me every time I pull start it. I desperatly need a starter for it. The fly wheel has no teeth. Upright starter is needed. Thanks

Briggs & Stratton Starter [ 1 Answers ]

My starter gear was shredded so we took the starter off and replaced the gear and put the starter back in. But when we hooked everything back up it doesn't even try to turn over. Now when we touch the starter relay to the starter it makes a clicking noise but that's it PLEASE HELP

Starter Rewind repair Briggs and Stratton [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Briggs and Stratton 3.75 Spirit motor Model 98902 Type 0131 with a broken recoil spring. I can rewind the cord by hand and still start the motor. However after a year and a half of that I figure it's time to fix this! I am mechanically sound but wanted to know if there is anything I...

View more questions Search