Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peter1988 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 05:06 AM
    Internet networking problem
    I have this problem from Wednesday, I cannot load certain webpage even Facebook, YouTube, and many, but after Friday it getting better, but the connection still very very slow, and for the Facebook application totally cannot load, and sometimes the connection will down...

And also another problem is msn, when first time I try to log in it show about the keyport problem, I try to repair it, but it is no problem, so I try log in second time, sometimes it success, sometimes it totally cannot...

May anyone tell me ***, is this related to my PC problem, or my modem? Or my connection, any problem, can anyone teach me how to solve this??

Thanks
    jeje409 Posts: 84, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2011, 11:54 AM
    What kind of computer is it? What type of internet connection do you have?
    peter1988 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 07:10 AM

Window XP, and my line speed is 1Mbps, because mine is dekstop so I using wire
    ezequiel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 08:51 PM
    IF you are running to a wire, your internet connection should be 100Mbps, do this... go to your command prompt, type" msconfig"... unchecked some of the items right there that are running in background,. after that. Do some virus scanning, I bet you PC must be loaded with some viruses.if that still didn't help... re format your PC.have a nice day
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 23, 2011, 04:36 PM
    IF you are running to a wire, your internet connection should be 100Mbps,
    The OP was referring to down speed being 1Mbps. You are incorrect about the 100Mbps, this is for internal network speed not internet connection.

do this... go to your command prompt, type" msconfig"...
    Again you are wrong. Msconfig cannot be run from the command prompt. It can be run from the RUN service.
    Gareth357 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 10:19 PM
    Check your registry to see if only one router is being used... sometimes for example when you install an usb/expresscard to connect to the internet and you have a router connection that has been used at sometime or other... it is possible for both those details to be to be inputted into the same line in effect reducing the connection speed to the device that actually has the connection it's not something that msconfig or command prompt can solve alone... check in particular this part of the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE... look for your router and if you have been using lan/expreescards check that they are not sharing the same line... this can happen ! To correct the problem delete only the one you do not currently use ! After that go to command prompt type ipconfig/ release then type ipconfig/ renew everything should go back to normal...
    Further in detail... you can check all the registry details by going to device manager> properties> details and look up the device ID's then in the registry editor use the Find in the menu bar to find all about how those details are inputted into the registry... if there are problems... firstly use msconfig in the start menu and go to services tab check mark hide all Microsoft Services then uncheck mark what is left... the reason for this is to prevent this error occurring again as the incorrect entries are the result of a program or service not for your computer (this method will stop that)... should you be wishing to use more than one internet connection... that is if you take your computer to work as well as use it at home too... after the adjustment in msconfig restart your computer... then simply unistall all internet drivers after the restart... do have a flash card ready with a driver in case your computer nolonger stores a default driver to reinstall after this has happened for some reason... hope this helps
    sansamtr Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2011, 11:58 AM
    I think Unfortunately, there are events and conditions that are outside your control. Even with a fast connection, external factors, such as busy websites or spreading computer viruses, can slow the entire web. Popular websites can become overwhelmed with users. For example, when a television commercial mentions a website, many people might try to visit the site at the same time. If the website isn't prepared to handle the traffic, you might encounter delays.
    During times of heavy computer virus outbreaks, the Internet can slow down. Many viruses spread by causing computers to send out hundreds or thousands of copies of the virus.
    Local Internet congestion can also result in slower-than-normal connection speeds. These slowdowns occur when many people try to connect to the Internet at the same time, and they occur most often at peak activity times, such as after-school hours when students get home and connect to the web.
    If you're on a corporate network, general network and proxy server use can affect your Internet performance. Most network administrators monitor Internet use, and will try to keep people from doing things like downloading large files during peak hours. If you find that your Internet access is slow at times just try to check internet speed test from here by use this http://www.ip-details.com/ link at that time,after that also if have the same problem means you might discuss it with your network administrator.

Apr 30, 2012, 05:01 PM
    ... Only came back here as I noticed about the comments on registry... As the expert says before me... That is the Networking and Computers Expert is right... But so am I... By using msconfig in the run command or command prompt... You can stop non Microsoft services and/or programs using resources that share Microsoft services and/or programs... Whether you use the registry editor or msconfig... Once the problem is removed your internet capability will or should be restored...

Apr 30, 2012, 05:07 PM
    ... To resolve other problems... Here's a few extra tips for ethernet connections... Command prompt... Run as an administrator... Type... Ipconfig /release... Wait for a response... Then type... Ipconfig /renew... Wait for a response... But there is more...

Apr 30, 2012, 05:11 PM
    ... More on command prompt... The Netsh command... Type... Netsh int tcp show global... You'll see you internet handling capability... Want to speed it up... Here's how... But be sure to have plenty of RAM and insure the initial pagefiling is correct...

Apr 30, 2012, 05:15 PM
    ... Netsh int tcp set Global chimney=enable... You'll see a confirmation saying OK... But that's not all...

Apr 30, 2012, 05:21 PM
    ... Netsh int tcp set Global autotuninglevel=highlyrestricted...
    ... Netsh int tcp set Global congestionprovider=ctcp...
    ... Netsh int tcp set Global ecncapability=enable...
    ... After all that type... Netsh int tcp show Global... You'll see it has changed... Restart the computer...

Apr 30, 2012, 05:27 PM
    ... Your computer will now be much faster at gathering information from the internet... But because of this... Ensure you have the initial pagefile set to half that of the actual size of the RAM... This is to deter the computer from hanging round 80 per cent full... It commit charges every eight to fifteen seconds what it doesn't need to disk... And have as much RAM as possible... As the information gain is such it could swamp the RAM board... But when you do all I mentioned... Even wifi seems faster...

Apr 30, 2012, 05:32 PM
    ... To query what commands are needed... Type this in command prompt... Netsh int tcp set Global /?. You'll see all that is needed... Make a note on any changes made in case you want to change them back...

Apr 30, 2012, 06:31 PM
    ... Lastly the sfc command in command prompt... Some of the System Files maybe damaged that control your internet so to repair them whilst in command prompt type... Sfc /scannow... Ensure there is a recovery volume for it to refer to or if it asks a question like your Operating System was loaded from disk... Keep it ready to insert into your CD drive... Good to be here again... Hope this helps further... As somebody else may need all of everyone's comments here... Only came because by chance I saw me being mentioned don't know how long back... So... Being a hero... I came to help more... Have a good one people...
    yoyomongo Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Try running ccleaner, it could be just the fact that you got so many temp data that is useless on your computer, and try disabling all addons on your browser, or even try using a different browser\

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Networking/lan line internet [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a laptop and I can only get the internet at my dads house but when I come back home it won't work. Ive tried everything. I plugged it to the wall, I tried dial up, I plugged it to a internet box. Nothings working. I don't have wireless so I need to figure out how to get internet on a lan...

Networking through Internet [ 1 Answers ]

How to logon to a computer using dailup connection

Printing with internet but not with networking or emails? [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is having Internet connection and also a colour printer but I don't have the printer but having Internet connection. So I want to print from my home to his printer connected computer in a fast way. I know I can use the emails but it is quite long process and disturbing. So what I said...

Networking Problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We have recently tried to create a network between to computer running windows XP. The computers are in different rooms. On one we have install a D-Link Express EtherNetwork LAN PCI Card. (DFE-528TX) and on the other a TP-LINK Fast Ethernet Adapter (TF-3239D / TF-3239DL / TF-5239) . At...

Problem networking printer [ 7 Answers ]

I just added a new laptop to my home network. It's a Dell Latitude running windows XP pro. I had successfully been using another (IBM running Windows 98) and had it all networked fine, but I cannot get the printer to work with this one. I have tried setting it up tried to install the proper...

View more questions Search