Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lewiscollom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 04:43 PM
    No signal upon reboot from upgrade
    Having just upgraded from windows 7 32bit to 64bit; upon reboot from installation I have lost all monitor signal and nothing I have tried has resulted in any form of signal. I have tried removing the hard drive, graphics card and network card. The CD drive starts as it always has and everything sounds the same;no beeps or odd vibrations. I don't know what to do as it is a fairly new computer and do not wish to replace it.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful and appreciated grateful.
    jeje409 Posts: 84, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2011, 02:39 AM
    My computer is my baby so I know how you feel.Does your computer use Nvidia graphics Card? There have been known issues with Nvidia cards not working after Windows 7 installation. I recommend that you roll back the driver for the graphics card... since it was working before OS upgrade... if that doesn't work try to update the graphics card driver.

If you have an on-board graphics card... switch to that one so you're able to see the screen... go into monitor properties and make sure setting are all correct. You can also try switching monitor cables.If it was working okay before the upgrade stands to reason that it still should be working.Try updating the graphics driver and see what that does.

You may also want to do Windows updates... who knows... the solution to the problem could be in the Windows updates.Look in device manager also to make sure nothing have that exclamation point on it.

I really hope you get the problem solved... you upgraded and can't even enjoy it now.I know how much a pain that can be.Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How cell phone transmits and receives signal and transfers them into speech signal [ 1 Answers ]

How cell phone transmits and receives signal and transfers them into speech signal

Cannot reboot [ 1 Answers ]

When I attempt to reboot I can get no further than clicking my name. The next screen displays a window saying windows explorer has an error. Clicking that window leaves an empty screen with nothing but Dell wallpaper

I want to reboot [ 1 Answers ]

I want to reboot my comp and I have no disks I just want to start all over and ctrl f11 seems like it won't work I mean I press and press and pres it and get nothing is there any way? Help!!

Reboot My Pc [ 6 Answers ]

What are the necessary steps for me to do in order to format my PC? :) (I know I wrote reboot, but I just realize its real meaning.. sorry) Thanks

XP reboot [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have this problem for over 2 weeks now. I own a pentium4 1.5mhz 512mb of ram and a 40gig hard drive with WinXP Home Ed. The probem is that it reboots by itself anytime it feels like it, an average of twice on 4hrs of usage. Sometimes it comes back to my desktop and sometimes it will give...

View more questions Search