Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grammalo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 09:34 AM
    Logging onto Firefox
    When I try to log onto Firefox, it asks for my password. For the past several weeks, I have had to enter the password three or four times before I can use the browser. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 12, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Sounds like you have a Master Password set.
    Best thing would be to remove this

Tools > Options > Security and Change Master Password.
    jeje409 Posts: 84, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2011, 09:40 AM
    Uninstall FireFox... it takes up way too much space lol.Plus if you had IE you wouldn't have that problem.However it is good that you can set up a password.If you really like it though keep it and do the password change like Curlyben said. :) Happy surfing!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2011, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeje409 View Post
    Uninstall FireFox...it takes up way too much space lol.Plus if you had IE you wouldn't have that problem.However it is good that you can set up a password.If you really like it though keep it and do the password change like Curlyben said. :) Happy surfing!
    I'm not going to give you a reddie but that is erroneous advice. To anyone who works work with computers Firefox is more secure and less resource intensive than IE.

To the OP: A browser does not ask for a password, is it a particular page you are going to? Is it your Home page?
    jeje409 Posts: 84, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2011, 10:31 AM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions :) I just use what works,sorry!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2011, 10:36 AM
    An opinion would be: "I prefer Internet Explorer".
    Bad advice would be: "Uninstall Firefox." What happens to all their Bookmarks and saved passwords for sites? How are you certain that the problem they are facing would not happen in IE?
    Got to be careful.
    grammalo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 08:31 PM
    Comment on Curlyben's post
    Thanks, Curleyben! Your advice did the trick. I was just deciding whether to start using Safari or Chrome instead of Firefox. Now I can put off the decision.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help logging in [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I try to log into my account it won't take me. I reset my password and still nothing. All I want to do is print myself a copy of my tax return.

Logging in to Ask Me [ 2 Answers ]

I'm one of those people who continually forgets my password. Ask Me Help Desk gave me another (numbers) that I used, but also told me I could change my password. This is where it gets confusing because there doesn't seem to be any way to do it and the instructions are not really clear at all....

Logging on [ 12 Answers ]

Every time I start my computer a window appears for me to log on. I don't need any longer to put in a password - it just tells me to push ctrl=alt=delete and after that the window disappears and then comes back again and by clicking on it a second time I am logged on. But why do I have to go...

View more questions Search