Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goddess24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 04:14 PM
    Renters rights in heating?
    I am currently live in an old farmhouse that has no insulation. The house is heated by a gas furnace.. but this only heats the living room. If you pass through the livingroom and head upstairs you pass through the cold zone. There is no heat upstairs at all! I have been using space heaters and the landlord has up to this month been paying the electric bill. The landlord is a church who uses my garage for a food bank ministry. Therefore they paid the electric due to the freezers and refrigerators they have in the garage. Now they redid the wiring and I am now responsible for the electric. Do I have the right to ask them to insulate the upstairs? What can I do?
    Peace,
    Kathleen
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2011, 04:16 PM

Do you have a lease? ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.
    tazimorandi Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2011, 11:56 PM
    You have the right to ask them of anything. Just make sure it is in your lease though, or in writing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renters rights [ 2 Answers ]

Can a disabled person be evicted from a rental condo. If so, how much notice do they give you.

Renters rights [ 3 Answers ]

I am renting a house that is going into foreclosure what are my rights as a tenant?

Renters rights [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I and our child is being kicked to the curb for being late a week and an half. What is our rights and what do we need to do? We told him that we could pay him that in 2 weeks, we could see what we could do and get it before that. My wife told him that she wasn't going to lose our son...

Renters Rights [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Hoping someone can help. I have rented the same house for the past 6 years. My landlord has just recently sold my house I was renting. I now have to relocate pay all moving costs, Am I responsible to pay him September rent when the house was sold in August. He did not inform me of the house...

Renters rights [ 10 Answers ]

I live in a large complex and my lease is up for renewal. The new lease is stating the complex will no longer be paying the water, sewer and heat as part of the rental amount. We do not have individual meters, so they will take the total amount due by the entire complex and divide that...

View more questions Search