Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hunnuh17 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 11:34 PM
    When do you start showing for pregnancy?
    How many weeks months or whatever.. please let me know..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 8, 2011, 11:39 PM

Every woman and every pregnancy is different. However, I tell my patients that 20 weeks is about the right time to start showing. Some women may show earlier or later, but 20 weeks is about the average.
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Jan 9, 2011, 06:31 AM

Wow, that is pretty far out! J_9, when you say "showing" what do you exactly mean? Like a real pregnancy belly? I know I get a bloated stomach from the beginning (mainly looks bigger at the bottom) and then it turns into just looking fat or like I gained 10lbs and then it is more solid and firm and round.

Jan 9, 2011, 06:32 AM

Oh, and what is generally expected for showing during your second pregnancy?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2011, 06:44 AM

Many women will notice some rounding earlier on, but as J_9 stated, it often doesn't become more obvious that you are pregnant until later.

It is common to show sooner, or appear larger sooner, with subsequent pregnancies since your body has gone through it before. You will likely notice fetal movement sooner as well.
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 06:45 AM

Again, each woman and each pregnancy is different. Many subsequent pregnancies begin to show around 16-18 weeks. Rarely do we show earlier.

Remember, the pregnancy belly develops because the baby is growing.

Here is a fantastic website that encompasses everything from ovulation all the way through birth.

If you have time it's really worth a watch.

NOVA Online | Life's Greatest Miracle | Watch the Program Here

Jan 9, 2011, 06:54 AM

Hunnuh 17, many blessings with the pregnancy.

Thanks Doula and J_9. Im really trying to monitor myself this time and not gain too much weight. Oddly enough I've been losing weight. Belly size is always something others ask me so this is great to know. I will check out the link.
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 07:00 AM

Weight loss is common in early pregnancy and rarely anything to worry about.

The link, well, it takes a while to watch as there are several videos, but is very informative and worth the time/watch.

We were given that link to watch and learn in nursing school. It's in common every day terms for every woman to understand.
    jsje2010 Posts: 62, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 01:53 PM
    EVeryone is different I started showing when I was about 3 months.. I'm 6 months now... can't see my toes, and people think I am having twins... however I know a girl due the same time who is having twins and she is smaller then me.

Jan 10, 2011, 08:46 PM
    Comment on J_9's post
    It's not letting me see the videos. When I choose a program to watch it in (quick time) it is going to a video search page.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy not showing on 29th day?my cycle is 28days [ 2 Answers ]

Pregnancy not showing on 29th day?? Generally I have 28days cycle... my lMP date is 20th Nov. Today morning when I tried pregnancy test it came negative... I'm really confused pl. help

2ND Pregnancy and already showing [ 1 Answers ]

I am about 6-7 weeks pregnant an I am already showing. My paints barly fit and I have to wear baggy tops to hide my tummy. I really don't want to tell any one at work yet, but I think sooner or later it will be ovious. Is it normal for the secod time around to show so soon. I have only gained...

When did you start showing? [ 12 Answers ]

Well I heard that shorter people tend to show faster and tall people at about 4 to 5 month,, am 5'8 I defnitly notice a bump now in my lower ab am not showing for real just yet.. ill be 4 month next month,tim e just going by so fast am lovinggg it

When you start showing in pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

I think I might be pregnant. I was wondering what's the earliest you start showing or feeling bigger?

View more questions Search