Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 05:43 PM
    How long can I stay in the sun without getting a tan?
    As for race, I am not white, yet I am not black either, I'm something else lol. Anyway, me and my mother both seem to tan quite easily. And So I ask you, how long can I stay in the sun without getting a tan? I wish to not get tanner. I live in California where it's nice and sunny =D, about 75 degrees or so here and there.

And also, will I still get the Vitamin D through the sun if the sun is shining on my sweatshirt instead of directly on my skin? Or pants?

I ask this question because I am trying to get Vitamin D through the sun and not just through supplements and food.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 6, 2011, 06:42 PM
    How could anyone possibly know how long any one person takes to tan? Plus it depends on time of day and time of year.
    UV rays (and others) can get through most clothing, which is why special fabric is available for sunblock clothing. Sweats? Kind of thick right?
    A lot of D that is formed on the skin gets washed off before it is absorbed, in our culture of washing every day. But some does, and some is found in foods, and you may not need supplements anyway unless you plan to have a baby or have osteoporosis.
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 08:36 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    Thank you!
    jeje409 Posts: 84, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2011, 03:53 AM
    I tan very easy as well and I am biracial... if you don't want to get a tan try putting on sunblock or sunscreen.You can also not go outside during the hottest time of day,which is usually around 12noon.You can also wear a hat and long sleeve shirt and pants so the sun doesn't directly beam on you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get your skin light after already being tan by the sun [ 10 Answers ]

I finally went swimming in my pool for the first time, and I'm usually always at home out of the sun, after a days worth of swimming I went to change my cloths and realized in the mirror my skin was dark dark chocolate brown, my normal skin color is light brown, sort of like sand, and I looked...

Fading Age Spots, Sun Spots, Freckles & Tan Lines? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I've just found this forum while Googling for effective ways to achieve what my topic's title describes. I've browsed through many of the posts here but couldn't find the answers I seek. I'm fair skinned and have some sun damage resulting from a bad sunburn a few months ago. Even...

Which sunblock protects the best from the sun / getting a tan ? [ 5 Answers ]

I need help. I am medium skin close to dark skin and I joined the swim team. I need a sunblock.. badly. I'm not trying to get any darker than what I already am. I'm outside everyday of the week for a couple hours & I don't want to go back to school darker than what I am.

If our sun was to collapse on itself how long would it take to reach earth. [ 11 Answers ]

If our sun was to explode as all stars do eventually, how long would it take for our planet to know? With light traveling at a constant speed I was told that light takes seven minutes to reach earth. Light travels at 299,792,458 m/s. (Hope I'm correct on that). So what amount of time would it take...

The best way to tan(tanning bed vs. Sun) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an olive complexion and its usually easy for me to tan but I rarely go to the tanning bed or tan outside. Is it healthier to tan inside or out? I've read some articles about different types of tanning beds have different types of uv rays and that its less harmfull than the sun. but I also...

View more questions Search