Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    creativekris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 10:04 AM
    What is my AU grade misprint five dollar bill worth (year 1977)?
    My mother has given me this five dollar bill to sell, as I am in great need of money right now. She received the bill for payment as a cashier in 1980 and thought it was special, so she made sure it was real then stuck it in her safe immediately. It has sat in her safe since 1980. It circulated for only 3 years, and when she received it there were absolutely no signs of wear. There are no folds, creasing, or tears.

The image of Lincoln and nearly ever detail from the front side is on the reverse side of the bill. The only images I do not see are the items that would be printed in bright green ink. The bill looks as if you where to hold it up to the light; however, you see the images when the bill is laying flat on a table with no light behind it.

I am hoping to find out the value and try to find a buyer ASAP. Thanks very much!
    tazimorandi Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2011, 10:51 PM
    Sounds like the five dollar bill is normal with the exception of the green seal being printed properly. All bills are made by the Federal Reserve Bank and then ship out to the 12 districts around the country, where they finish the printing with the green ink indicating which Federal Reserve district it came from. It sounds like they printed the green seal on the bill but for some reason there was not enough ink to print thoroughly. The good thing though is that the bill is like new condition thus enhancing the value. I don't know what kind of value it is worth, but let me know what you find out from a reputable currency dealer. If you can scan the image to me, I would be better to tell you more accurately, and may be interested in working out something with you.

[email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Five Dollar Bill - Misprint of the Seals and Serial Numbers, How much is this worth? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a five dollar bill that the seals and serial numbers are missing on the front and have been printed on the back, how much is this worth?

1953 two dollar bill, worth? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 1953 two dollar bill in very goo condition. The bill is still very crisp. What is it worth? Thanks

Is my five dollar bill a misprint? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a five dollar bill from 1977A where the entire front, excluding the serial number, has bled through the back. The front of the looks normat though

Is a one dollar bill dated in the year 1804 worth anything? [ 2 Answers ]

Is a one dollar bill dated in the year 1804 worth anything

What's my two dollar bill worth [ 1 Answers ]

I have two $2.00 bills that are dated 1976. On one of them my grandfather wrote at the bottom 4-13-1976 1st issue. I will call this one A. The issuing bank is a "G" on banknote A with the serial number G12037878A. In the upper left corner across from the 7 is B4 and on the right bottom hand side is...

View more questions Search